+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scottish Govt

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    Aye they should suffer, why should someone else pay for their medicine? And have you never heard of minor ailments?
    I'm known as a bit of a callous and self serving old b'stard but even I wouldn't see someone ride out a throat infection because the doctor wouldn't give them antibiotics and pain killers because they couldn't afford to buy them.

I'm paying my tax and NI anyway so it doesn't matter to me where it goes, I'm not paying less if I decide I don't want any of my tax or NI going to poor people that can't afford over the counter medicines. In fact I very rarely use the NHS so better my contributions go to good use.

You've obviously never had to struggle in your life, good on you, but those of us that have usually have slightly more empathy for those that are struggling in the here and now.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I'm known as a bit of a callous and self serving old b'stard but even I wouldn't see someone ride out a throat infection because the doctor wouldn't give them antibiotics and pain killers because they couldn't afford to buy them.

I'm paying my tax and NI anyway so it doesn't matter to me where it goes, I'm not paying less if I decide I don't want any of my tax or NI going to poor people that can't afford over the counter medicines. In fact I very rarely use the NHS so better my contributions go to good use.

You've obviously never had to struggle in your life, good on you, but those of us that have usually have slightly more empathy for those that are struggling in the here and now.
    Firstly you have no idea what kind of life I've had and whether I've struggled or not. All that is irrelevant to the fact I would prefer my or anyone else's hard earned taxes aren't used to buy nit shampoo and corn plasters for the workshy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)