+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mawgan Porth here we come!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I know you like Cornwall Thomas, this is the house I stay in at Mawgan Porth, this area is well worth a visit when you’re over next time.

https://boutique-retreats.co.uk/luxu...-edge-308.html
    Looks absolutely lovely.

We are coming over soon - last week of June and two weeks in July in P Isaac. Then a week in Dorchester. Bremen, Bruges, Winchester and Plymouth before Cornwall, Hamburg after Dorset.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Looks absolutely lovely.

We are coming over soon - last week of June and two weeks in July in P Isaac. Then a week in Dorchester. Bremen, Bruges, Winchester and Plymouth before Cornwall, Hamburg after Dorset.

You do some travelling Swedish! Must be true then - your nice monthly salary of 300,000 Krona should go far!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    You do some travelling Swedish! Must be true then - your nice monthly salary of 300,000 Krona should go far!
    🤣🤣🤣😜

Our SEK thirld world currency these days alas…

Nice place Mick, stayed in Porth up the road a few times when the kids were younger - always nipped to Padstow, the bakery there has the best pasties and Watergate bay when the wind is up is spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Nice place Mick, stayed in Porth up the road a few times when the kids were younger - always nipped to Padstow, the bakery there has the best pasties and Watergate bay when the wind is up is spectacular.
    I owned a holiday cottage at Porth in the grounds of the Porthveor Manor Hotel just above the beach mate and an apartment at Beachcombers in Watergate Bay but sold them both 6 years ago, I love the area.

I regret not buying an old former bungalow in Mawgan Porth 20 years ago, at the time they were going for £60k to £120k and they’re now selling for up to £4m……my biggest business blunder.

I blame the wife l, I was desperate to do it and she wanted easy maintenance with no garden!😩

It’s still a great area but Newquay is to be avoided, it’s twinned with Palestine!

Newquay seems to be experiencing a change from a dump of a place with all these s****y apartment blocks going up, can't quite get my head round it as hardcore surfers spend all their money on kit and there's no sailing scene there.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Newquay seems to be experiencing a change from a dump of a place with all these s****y apartment blocks going up, can't quite get my head round it as hardcore surfers spend all their money on kit and there's no sailing scene there.
    Oh don’t worry WCV, there’s still plenty of cr ap accommodation for the surfers! 🤣

To be honest, the quality of the buildings on the final mile or so into Newquay and through Newquay was mostly dreadful.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)