+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A sport you wished you’d tried?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Glad you’ve started that up again mate.

Has the weight started dropping off?😏😆

I’ll text you in next couple of days chap.
    Hope you’re keeping well in lockdown mate. Can’t start any martial arts for a while but having had plenty of thinking time I really miss it. Are you still out running? I’ve been getting plenty of walking in and doing several full on kettlebell routines every week which I’m starting to enjoy rather oddly😬

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    Hope you’re keeping well in lockdown mate. Can’t start any martial arts for a while but having had plenty of thinking time I really miss it. Are you still out running? I’ve been getting plenty of walking in and doing several full on kettlebell routines every week which I’m starting to enjoy rather oddly😬
    Kettlebells are superb pieces of kit. As are my rowing machine and dumbbells. I used them a lot anyway but I've gone into overdrive for the last few months.

Fishing, really miss it, as a young ****ager would fish all day practicing for the weekend competitions. I was pretty decent and have several trophies for my efforts. Cricket slowly took over and found myself totally obsessed with the sport, playing virtually every day of the week. With those days gone but still working silly hours I miss the peace and tranquility of the river bank. Phil seems your a little curious about the fishing lark, here goes I'll pick you up and take you to the River Severn at Trimpley .We can park right next to our peg and do a bit of barbel bashing .Mick also you only live 10 mins away, fishing, severn Vally railway, reservoir, otters, kingfishers, mandarin ducks and several species of orchid. These all add to the perfect day.

Hey Mick, you up for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Albie blue View Post
    Fishing, really miss it, as a young ****ager would fish all day practicing for the weekend competitions. I was pretty decent and have several trophies for my efforts. Cricket slowly took over and found myself totally obsessed with the sport, playing virtually every day of the week. With those days gone but still working silly hours I miss the peace and tranquility of the river bank. Phil seems your a little curious about the fishing lark, here goes I'll pick you up and take you to the River Severn at Trimpley .We can park right next to our peg and do a bit of barbel bashing .Mick also you only live 10 mins away, fishing, severn Vally railway, reservoir, otters, kingfishers, mandarin ducks and several species of orchid. These all add to the perfect day.
    Hi Albie, do they still stock trout in Trimpley reservoir? I used to do a lot of fly fishing but Worcestershire isn’t packed with fly waters and as my partner lives in Bewdley I just wondered if there’s a trout water on my doorstep?

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Kettlebells are superb pieces of kit. As are my rowing machine and dumbbells. I used them a lot anyway but I've gone into overdrive for the last few months.
    Yes you’re spot on 68. Kettlebells really give a good workout. Nice thing is they do both cardio and strength. I’m using a 16KG as my regular bell but the next step up is the one I have at 20KG which is a big jump. Looked at an 18KG online but the prices have gone up 300% due to lockdown the robbing bas******

Same here LB as far as the schools go. I played rugby because hockey was reserved for the "non sports" group. The school played against other schools at rugby but not at hockey. missed playing football. I played in the junior school team at football for two seasons. I was deemed good enough to play in the team when I was in the third year of junior school. That was Grove Lane in Handsworth. We moved to Gloucester in the summer between junior and senior school and I got quite a shock when I found out football wasn't played at the school. Not totally true as many of us played football at breaktime and lunchtime nearly every day. There was an under 15 football league in the city and played that for a season after which I played Sunday league football. Saturday afternoon was for coming up the Albion.
    Due to having to play rugby I never really got round to following the sport. I've never attended a game at Kingsholm or any other ground and rarely watch it on TV.

Hi Stripes, yes the reservoir is well stocked with rainbow trout. In March the res gets topped up then drip fed through till September. Trimpley Anglers own the fishing rights and offer various season tickets. Unfortunately there are no day tickets. Hope this helps, all the best Albie.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Hey Mick, you up for this?
    I’d rather sauté my own testicles than fish Phil!

I never learned to swim as a kid and had to teach myself as an adult so wasn't very good when I met my German wife 17 years ago. after a couple of normal dates I asked what she would like to do and she said swimming. I was obviously wanting to please so agreed. We spent less than an hour in the water and I managed 6 lengths with loads of long stops at each end. She eventually noticed I wasn't enjoying it and we climbed out. She wasn't remotely out of breath and I asked how many lengths she had done. She replied 80! I commented that I found it amazing and she informed me she had gone to an Olympic swimming school in Germany. We haven't been swimming together again since except on holidays but she has dramatically improved my swimming bit late in life. Needless to say our kids are decent swimmers.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)