+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager

Quote Originally Posted by ZakkTheMakk View Post
    I think, and it's easy and simple to say, that we're a decent manager away from being a club that could win trophies on a regular basis, lots of essential things are in place compared to when Milne was the top dog. Hopefully Burrows has been keeping an eye on the targets he had in mind when he was appointed, just in case things went Pete Tong with Robson and we can attempt to bring them in if time's up for Robson.
    We are a decent manager away from being a club that wins trophies on a regular basis?

We have won 2 league cups in 28 years,we haven’t won the Scottish cup since 1990.

We are no where near being a club who wins trophies on regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    We are a decent manager away from being a club that wins trophies on a regular basis?

We have won 2 league cups in 28 years,we haven’t won the Scottish cup since 1990.

We are no where near being a club who wins trophies on regular basis.
    Your opinion but I disagree, what Cormack has put in place with Cormack Park, Burrows appointment, record sponsorships and season tickets and shirt sales etc means we're better placed now than we ever were under Milnes tenure so to cite his time here isn't relevant.

I'm talking the here and now and the potential for what I said, winning trophies on a regular basis and based purely on everything outside the current manager then we're as best placed as we have been for decades, in my opinion again I have to say.

Get a top quality established manager and that would be the final piece of the puzzle for realistically getting to finals consistently and winning them also.

Read over everything that I've said recently about Robson, the team, the future, last nights player ratings and show me anything that could be considered controversial or calling for Robson's head.
    Too early (just) for new manager hunting but if things don't improve by cup game against County then he's earned his jotters.

Get a top quality established manager and that would be the final piece of the puzzle for realistically getting to finals consistently and winning them also.
    I'm sensing a shift here, no?

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    I'm sensing a shift here, no?
    Hardly a shift, I've never said Robson was a top quality manager and I've never said he has to go now. I've consistently said that the Ross County double header will be the end if we're still as bad as we have been.

You make up whatever you want but when I'm referencing past games then don't use it against me for future games. I'm sure I could trawl through things you've said and reference them to something else but thankfully I'm not like you.

Really pleasing though that you took the time to post this about me however you'd be better served making points that are more suited to the topic matter than me.

Ach, jist observin, within 2 days, albeit, a 48 hour period where we lost a game, yev gone fae nae callin' for his head, tae 'maybe if', and ontae 'get a top quality established manager'.

So yer nae quite callin' for his head, ... yet, ... but, essentially ye'v come tae that position, in that you advocate a change of manager if we do not wish to be in a position you find unacceptable.

Jist interested in what tomorrow will bring, and if you decide tae jist 'oot wi' it' and actually call for his head.

Nae bothered either way, jist interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    That guy is still there, enjoying the influence over the club without the hassle. Cormack absolutely loves the showbiz so it works well for both of them, if not for us. Cormack does a lot of things better than Milne, a lot of things worse.

Two different flavours of shyte.
    Now, I’ll be the first to admit I find it almost impossible to remain objective when it comes to the absolute clusterfück that is/was Milne and what a disaster he was for years with the club (you’ve probably noticed). Such a waste of 20 years of my AFC supporting life.

I also 100% agree with you that Milne still being involved in any capacity is dreadful & a big black mark against Cormack.

As we’ll all agree, Cormack’s far from perfect and has made big mistakes, but I genuinely cannot think of anything he does worse than Milne.

He’s as bad on some scores - managerial appointments being a biggie so far, but worse - and “a lot of things”? Nah, you’ve got me there Mason min…
    Last edited by The_Moog; 04-09-2023 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Now, I’ll be the first to admit I find it almost impossible to remain objective when it comes to the absolute clusterfück that is/was Milne and what a disaster he was for years with the club (you’ve probably noticed). Such a waste of 20 years of my AFC supporting life.

I also 100% agree with you that Milne still being involved in any capacity is dreadful & a big black mark against Cormack.

As we’ll all agree, Cormack’s far from perfect and has made big mistakes, but I genuinely cannot think of anything he does worse than Milne.

He’s as bad on some scores - managerial appointments being a biggie so far, but worse - and “a lot of things”? Nah, you’ve got me there Mason min…
    Spot on Moog .... Things might be a bit raw jist noo, and, yeah, a teeensy bit o' 'stress incontinence' might be excusable if not understandable, but the sheer hyperbole infecting a small handful of threads lately would put Donald fkn Trump tae shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Anybody got any suggestions?
    Neil Lennon

Nicos Peschi
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post

I think Stewart Milne is the anti christ so I wouldn’t for a second defend the gormless AFC killing c*nt. However, I don’t think he’d ever get caught up with crying on the tv, the ridiculous covid situation or the high pitched screaming on Radio Scotland. There’s all the other stuff too with the training complex, the graveside selfies, the pished up Twitter posts…

He’s a total oddball. Still a huge improvement on Milne but the bar was set pretty low

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast