+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Arbroath (h)

Excellent United, that really was a joy tae watch...more o this please and we will hae this league done an' dusted beh Xmas...

Quote Originally Posted by zeek View Post
    Excellent United, that really was a joy tae watch...more o this please and we will hae this league done an' dusted beh Xmas...
    9 clear of Partick, same number of games played, 7 clear of Raith who have 2 in hand.
    Just keep the foot on the gas lads 🧡

Absolutely pissed that tonight. Some nice goals in there. Loved Watts wee dink then finish

Really enjoyed that tonight , some good football played despite conditions , when we play at a tempo we look well ahead of the rest

When players are hungry we can really perform.

Great competition for places now

Should be keeping this momentum going

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    You can only beat what's in front of you but we are just getting better.

One thing that stands out for me is that previous (ahem) midfielders would play the ball away far too quickly. Now we look for the right ball not just the first available ball.

We're driving at defences, moving, creating. And when the chances arrive we're usually deadly.

Mellonball, eyebleeding Neilsonball, stand aside, this is football as it should be played.
    A win with entertainment! More please!

Your last bit though should cover all the way back to McKinnon as well, and this is how this league should have been approached the last time.

The midfield, they still play the ball quite quickly and first time, but in the knowledge there is a player in the right position to receive the ball. Some of the passes sprayed about tonight were bang on target, usually with an outrageous gathering of the ball from the receiver.

Thought Watt had a quiet night and shades of his usual dropping at a touch, but he can do that all night as long as he shows what at least i expect from him with the goal.

I was thinking before the match that Cudjoe could feel a bit hard done by with the form Kai is showing. But i think Kai should learn a bit from Cudjoe in taking a shot. Kai is too blast at em, where Cudjoes exquisite shot was the goal of the night for me!

And did i just see a not bad ref performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    A win with entertainment! More please!

Your last bit though should cover all the way back to McKinnon as well, and this is how this league should have been approached the last time.

The midfield, they still play the ball quite quickly and first time, but in the knowledge there is a player in the right position to receive the ball. Some of the passes sprayed about tonight were bang on target, usually with an outrageous gathering of the ball from the receiver.

Thought Watt had a quiet night and shades of his usual dropping at a touch, but he can do that all night as long as he shows what at least i expect from him with the goal.

I was thinking before the match that Cudjoe could feel a bit hard done by with the form Kai is showing. But i think Kai should learn a bit from Cudjoe in taking a shot. Kai is too blast at em, where Cudjoes exquisite shot was the goal of the night for me!

And did i just see a not bad ref performance?
    Nothing much for the ref to screw up tbf. Hasn't stopped others though 😎

Good to see Middleton has taken my advice to stop logging in here!

Great result - and further proof that the team Goodwin rebuilt has gelled as a unit and squad.

Keep up this standard of application and we are hot favourites for the title.

I still fear a long-term injury to one of our top players. But no doubt we are in a good place ATM.

Really enjoyed watching that football tonight, I've been critical of Middleton in the past but I thought he was superb tonight, playing with some a real desire and confidence at the moment, I'm sure the goals will come for him soon enough too, the assists certainly are, when you have a delivery like he does you don't really need to beat a man or go past him, you just need to get half a yard and put it in a dangerous area.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    You can only beat what's in front of you but we are just getting better.

One thing that stands out for me is that previous (ahem) midfielders would play the ball away far too quickly. Now we look for the right ball not just the first available ball.

We're driving at defences, moving, creating. And when the chances arrive we're usually deadly.

Mellonball, eyebleeding Neilsonball, stand aside, this is football as it should be played.
    Braw tonight

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)