+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts---Bolton-v-Barnsley..Play Off Semi Final 2nd Leg

I’ve never rated Cosgrove but I’ve got to admit tonight he made a big difference, if they can work with him on his ball control he might be the answer next season. I’m also looking forward to seeing Grant being given a regular spot his passing is something we’ve not had for a while so roll on next season, providing that is that the directors can see that we need a full overall in defense.

With regular game time Cosgrove and Grant could well be key players for us next season.

That second half weirdly gave me some optimism. We showed some guts in coming back and pushing them to the very end.

Hopefully now we will make the right choice with a head coach and get in someone who can sort out the defence. A penalty and 2 goals from corners over the 2 legs is so poor. Admittedly, their other 2 goals were decent.

Very honest view by BarnsleyWhites. Good luck in the final mi owd.

On reflection we can count ourselves unfortunate tonight because I thought we deserved extra time but the damage was done at Oakwell. That 3rd goal on Friday night still makes me cringe when I think back. Yuck

Well what can I say after I thought it was all over after 45 minutes.

A great battling 2nd half performance for us after an embarrassing end to the first half with two dreaded minutes of our copy book defending.

The difference for me was Grant on for Kane and I thought Grant was unlucky not to start tonight after his performance off the bench on Friday.

Bolton spent £750k on Collins in January and a typical kind of signing to get you over the line but they are not there yet though.

Big praise for the players and the backroom staff tonight for giving their all but just didn’t make it. Also a special mention the outgoing HC Collins for amassing 75 points to get us there.

In summary
    It’s the board of directors that’s cost us selling top defenders in close season and it’s come home and bit them massively.

Same story all season we can score for fun and defend appallingly. I have judged them by their actions “they couldn’t manage a corner shop”.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 07-05-2024 at 09:44 PM.

The 2 goals from the corners have done us
    Weak centre halfs n a weak keeper
    Unlucky tonight lads
    Go away with your heads held high
    What next season holds god only knows
    I’m sick as a parrot

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    With regular game time Cosgrove and Grant could well be key players for us next season.
    Agree Chops but it may well be like us not taking up the option on Grant due to him being over priced by £50k.

Battling performance. Subs could have been a bit earlier. Overall we just weren’t good enough. Gave it a good go for a quarter of the finals.
    Sums up the season for us really. Let down at home, amd by poor defending.
    Pleased for Cosgrove.
    Glad of the rest now. See you in August.

Bolton fan here. You lot were fantastic that second half, don’t think I’ve seen an onslaught like it. I bet you’re half annoyed because if you showed that fight in the first leg it’d be a completely different story I’d say. Fair play to the fans that came along as well. Wish you luck for next year and in a polite way, I really hope I don’t have to go to Oakwell next season (though it’s one of my favourite away days). Cheers👍

Hey Burnsley White kid lol (btw I say that, because I also post a lot on Burnsley mad as well). 😁
    I like your posting on here mate, and I say a begrudging well done for your teams win over the two legs.
    If only though ehh, if we'd turned up at home a bit more, instead of leaving it till an hour before having a go. Who knows ehh!. 😕

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast