+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Have we been fair with Tom Eaves?

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    OK Capt Sh*t Stirer,where is the evidence of this ?
    Can we have an adult conversation without this kind of unpleasantness?

I am suggesting that a striker who has had some terrible luck with injuries , deserves a chance.

I am not advocating napalming an orphanage.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Can we have an adult conversation without this kind of unpleasantness?

I am suggesting that a striker who has had some terrible luck with injuries , deserves a chance.

I am not advocating napalming an orphanage.
    ibs, the thing is IF he's given that chance he will not offer anything and that will be another game of non effectiveness and a game closer for us to the end of the season. Would you as a Manager be prepared to risk all on him up front at this time of the season? Or you little tinker do you still have your maggot dangled? 🎣🎣
    Last edited by Brin; 28-03-2023 at 06:31 PM.

As my mate always tells me. "A footballer? Eaves has never slept with a footballer". Would be good signing for Bolton in league 1 imo 😉.

Woody. MT pulled him at half time Vs Bristol.
    Bropped for the next game. Comes back for stoke game we hang on for the draw after going ahead twice. MT drops wood again...
    He brings him back for the 0.3 drumming by Millwall. Then gives him a other chance and again we get thumped 4.1 by Ipswich.
    Every dog has his day and sadly Woody's has passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    ibs, the thing is IF he's given that chance he will not offer anything and that will be another game of non effectiveness and a game closer for us to the end of the season. Would you as a Manager be prepared to risk all on him up front at this time of the season? Or you little tinker do you still have your maggot dangled? 🎣🎣
    Brin I don't need to prove my football credentials on here. I have consistently made big calls on players and team selection and in most cases have been bang on the money.

But if you don't believe my assessment of big Tom Eaves have a chat with some of the current squad. They say, when he is fit, he us consistently the best forward we have.

To back that up, Ronnie Moore really rates Eavesy and I have been told he even rates him higher than Stewart Evans. Praise indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    As my mate always tells me. "A footballer? Eaves has never slept with a footballer". Would be good signing for Bolton in league 1 imo ��.

Woody. MT pulled him at half time Vs Bristol.
    Bropped for the next game. Comes back for stoke game we hang on for the draw after going ahead twice. MT drops wood again...
    He brings him back for the 0.3 drumming by Millwall. Then gives him a other chance and again we get thumped 4.1 by Ipswich.
    Every dog has his day and sadly Woody's has passed.
    Cayton buddy, Is it maggot dangling night? Millwall game, Peltier left Woody high and dry for 2 of those goals, as for the other games, was it all Wood' s fault? We stood no chance at Ipswich even I said we'd lose that one before a ball was even kicked.

We need a steady head at the back for Saturday and it's Wood. Thing is I think pride is blocking Taylor's train of thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Cayton buddy, Is it maggot dangling night? Millwall game, Peltier left Woody high and dry for 2 of those goals, as for the other games, was it all Wood' s fault? We stood no chance at Ipswich even I said we'd lose that one before a ball was even kicked.

We need a steady head at the back for Saturday and it's Wood. Thing is I think pride is blocking Taylor's train of thought.
    Think your mistaken brin. Peltier wasn't even in the squad Vs Millwall

There is another quality in this squad to scrape over the line to safety, look how many international players we have. The issue is belief and this is something that MT has mentioned on multiple occassions. Add to that the fact we seem to have lost the ability to defend set pieces and we waste too many with not having anyone at the club that can consistently whip in a right footed cross, that is something that the coaching staff should have been addressing. The biggest issue for me is we have stopped pressing in numbers high up the pitch, if we press it is a one player press and we allow the teams to pick their passes or switch play quickly. These are simple errors that should be dealt with on the training pitch, this with the lack of belief is making us look very poor. It is the job of MT and his support team to deal with these issues, and our survival will depend on his ability to achieve that. If we go down it is because the manager has failed to get the best out of the squad available to him, remembering he was backed in Jaanuary, although unlucky with injuries. In his recent interview Peltier spoke very highly of MTs managerial abilities, we will see in the next 9 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    There is another quality in this squad to scrape over the line to safety, look how many international players we have. The issue is belief and this is something that MT has mentioned on multiple occassions. Add to that the fact we seem to have lost the ability to defend set pieces and we waste too many with not having anyone at the club that can consistently whip in a right footed cross, that is something that the coaching staff should have been addressing. The biggest issue for me is we have stopped pressing in numbers high up the pitch, if we press it is a one player press and we allow the teams to pick their passes or switch play quickly. These are simple errors that should be dealt with on the training pitch, this with the lack of belief is making us look very poor. It is the job of MT and his support team to deal with these issues, and our survival will depend on his ability to achieve that. If we go down it is because the manager has failed to get the best out of the squad available to him, remembering he was backed in Jaanuary, although unlucky with injuries. In his recent interview Peltier spoke very highly of MTs managerial abilities, we will see in the next 9 games.
    Both problems you mention are both caused by the players available imo. Set pieces because we have lost the height. Even Humphreys stays on the half way line for corners. How many other teams CB do that? And I've mentioned before, the press is caused by high intense players. Washington, rathbone, Ferguson Linsey,. You will never get fosu and ogbene working hard to help in a press.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Brin I don't need to prove my football credentials on here. I have consistently made big calls on players and team selection and in most cases have been bang on the money.

But if you don't believe my assessment of big Tom Eaves have a chat with some of the current squad. They say, when he is fit, he us consistently the best forward we have.

To back that up, Ronnie Moore really rates Eavesy and I have been told he even rates him higher than Stewart Evans. Praise indeed!

I'm the form man on here always said horseracing it's no different to football both have a level they can compete at. Eaves now can't in the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Both problems you mention are both caused by the players available imo. Set pieces because we have lost the height. Even Humphreys stays on the half way line for corners. How many other teams CB do that? And I've mentioned before, the press is caused by high intense players. Washington, rathbone, Ferguson Linsey,. You will never get fosu and ogbene working hard to help in a press.
    where have we lost height, in the players available to us? Only player that MT players at CB that you would class as small for a CB is Peltier. Humphreys, leo, wright and wood are all in the right ball park Ruban Dias is only 186cm, John Stones 188cm last seasons Ihiekwe 185cm. Add to that odoffin at 191cm I think we have the height. The issue I raise is about the lack of a player that can consistently cross with their right foot, I am not sure what height has to do with the ability of a player to kick a ball!!!
    I think the press situation is more about the style, however your comments of Fosu and Ogbene are valid, interesting that the best pressing teams seem able to get their most skillful players to press, perhaps it is more to do with the managers instructions than anything else. Whenever anyone criticises the way we play or how we set out to play, we get the same comments, that we don't have the players, I don't buy that and think it is an insult to the players we do have. Hopefully this 2 week break has been a blessing for the coaching staff to work on our weaknesses and get us playing to the level we can play.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast