+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Outgoing

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Morons. Once again you Luddite arrogance shines bright.
    I only read the first line.
    It's actually not arrogant to have a different opinion on anything and proves human thought and endeavour. Most people that post here are of the older generation and have like me seen some very great players and some very good ones that were Crewe players. No academies then, none. Have we all forgotten how is was and now we have academies coming out of our ears, nobody is any good unless they have been to one for donkeys years? Academies will have some great players and some very good ones too. Is that because they are academies or the simple fact is that as in the past, some brilliant, some very good and actually most not so good. If and its a big if, you have played this game yourself, or golf or any game, you will have seen better players than yourself. Some will never make any progress no matter who the coach or trainer is. It's why the PL pay vast sums of money for the ready mades. Some will come through from academies as they did from school or being great in local football matches and these were watched by the clubs. Remember what they said here at Crewe? No need to look outside the club anymore for players as we are training them or coaching is the secondary term in my view and then when that failed we brought in some.

I have played with brilliant footballers and golfers and yet not one were good enough to play higher but they were miles better than most others. You need to ask the same old simple question. WHY? Any chance they were naturally gifted? Coaching can and I say can, destroy the natural ability of players as the coaches try and teach them nonsense...Pass the ball, pass the bloody ball is all they teach..You see it every week and generally its pass the ball backwards and sidewards....And why we have so few chances on goal and you see it yourselves in matches you go to. No need to take my word for it. Crewe can have a far better team by ditching cat 2 and cat3 and allow players to develop on their own like they always used to..

Of course some here will gang up as 'simple minded' gangs do and try and isolate others with a different view. I have seen Crewe matches they have never seen and have always been proud to be a Crewe fan!
    Last edited by MikeSB; 23-07-2023 at 05:58 PM.

Timmy, you are OK..at least you engage, not like some of the morons on here..

And you wonder why we dont engage!!!

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post

Well, the claim to not be arrogant loses credibility when you describe someone as a moron or simple minded. And that arrogance is emphasised by claiming the higher ground based on ones history of being good at pretty much everything. I understand perfectly why many do not engage with him. It is based on the law of insanity. You know, keep doing/saying the same thing and expect a different outcome

On the comment about most people taking their kids to football Academies is because they think they have the next Best or Greaves, both incidentally alcoholics, is untrue. Most people take their kids to these things (not just football Academies but dancing or gymnastics or whatever) to find out what they might be interested in or good at. And at the risk of sounding arrogant, I am absolutely correct in this statement!

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post

The problem here is the concept of engaging. To engage is to understand people's positions and then adopt a logical/rational approach to dealing with their arguments, possibly step-by-step. Fortunately the large majority of people on here do just this.
    However, it is not engaging to simply repeat, ad nauseum, the same beliefs. Nor is it engaging to just state that one knows better than everyone else and then abuse anyone who dares to disagree AND THEN to repeat the same tired and repetitive statements proving that any kind of intellectual engagement has not been entered into.
    I would suggest that this message board has wasted lots of time trying to engage sources who are not prepared to reciprocate. We're here to talk football, in particular the Alex. Most of us would probably enjoy things more if we could just that. There has been a thread on this forum created to discuss one reoccurring theme. However, as yet, there have been no replies to it. As a result of this lack, the theme keeps infecting almost every other thread. Like any virus, it needs to feed off any scraps it can find. Deprive it of those scraps and it will wither away.
    The theme of this thread by the way is 'outgoing'.
    I promise that after this message I will don my surgical gloves and leave the virus in its own little petri dish.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    The problem here is the concept of engaging. To engage is to understand people's positions and then adopt a logical/rational approach to dealing with their arguments, possibly step-by-step. Fortunately the large majority of people on here do just this.
    However, it is not engaging to simply repeat, ad nauseum, the same beliefs. Nor is it engaging to just state that one knows better than everyone else and then abuse anyone who dares to disagree AND THEN to repeat the same tired and repetitive statements proving that any kind of intellectual engagement has not been entered into.
    I would suggest that this message board has wasted lots of time trying to engage sources who are not prepared to reciprocate. We're here to talk football, in particular the Alex. Most of us would probably enjoy things more if we could just that. There has been a thread on this forum created to discuss one reoccurring theme. However, as yet, there have been no replies to it. As a result of this lack, the theme keeps infecting almost every other thread. Like any virus, it needs to feed off any scraps it can find. Deprive it of those scraps and it will wither away.
    The theme of this thread by the way is 'outgoing'.
    I promise that after this message I will don my surgical gloves and leave the virus in its own little petri dish.
    Not for the first time, my apologies. I replied to a comment I felt needed a reply. Must do better!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Well, the claim to not be arrogant loses credibility when you describe someone as a moron or simple minded. And that arrogance is emphasised by claiming the higher ground based on ones history of being good at pretty much everything. I understand perfectly why many do not engage with him. It is based on the law of insanity. You know, keep doing/saying the same thing and expect a different outcome

On the comment about most people taking their kids to football Academies is because they think they have the next Best or Greaves, both incidentally alcoholics, is untrue. Most people take their kids to these things (not just football Academies but dancing or gymnastics or whatever) to find out what they might be interested in or good at. And at the risk of sounding arrogant, I am absolutely correct in this statement!
    I used those two terms out of kilter for me as its bloody obvious to me at any rate that there is a quest to try and get me to stop posting here ONLY because I have a different opinion on how this game should be played and the simple fact is that few fans really understand the game. I have said this before as this game has been going 100 years way before academies came into being. Some fans think they know everything as they remain ignorant of the game's history and players personal ability. I apologise if those two words offended people and were used metaphorically and not literally.

My opinion on the football history is as good if not better than most on here and probably seen more football than most of you. Calling those outstanding players ie Best and Greaves alcholics demeans everything you say Timmy. Great people suffer these things and we should be glad we are not driven to such like.

If you knew my backround, even you may appreciate my achievements but we will leave it at that..Its actually not insane to quote that footballers of the past were far beter than today and I have seen nothing in the last 25 years to dispute that. Its actually most fans who are somewhat crazy to think that football needs academies to succeed when the opposite is true...I would close the academy tomorrow and we would become a better football team and that is my opinion.

I think I may stop posting here and in that respect you have won...
    Last edited by MikeSB; 23-07-2023 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Not for the first time, my apologies. I replied to a comment I felt needed a reply. Must do better!
    Keep trying lol!! We'll get you there in the end! A great deal of what you say is good common sense and
    a well argued view...we just need to keep you on the straight and narrow!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    I used those two terms out of kilter for me as its bloody obvious to me at any rate that there is a quest to try and get me to stop posting here ONLY because I have a different opinion on how this game should be played and the simple fact is that few fans really understand the game. I have said this before as this game has been going 100 years way before academies came into being. Some fans think they know everything as they remain ignorant of the game's history and personal ability. I apologise if those two words offended people and were used metaphorically and not literally.

My opinion on the football history is as good if not better than most on here and probably seen more football than most of you. Calling those outstanding players ie Best and Greaves alcholics demeans everything you say Timmy. Great people suffer these things and we should be glad we are not driven to such like.

If you knew my backround, even you may appreciate my achievements but we will leave it at that..
    Nothing demeaning about it. It is factual and it serves as a warning to those with aspirations that it is not all good. And I am sorry but you do come across as very arrogant. It is not a good look, trust me

So BSD and Trigger have their numbers. Obviously proving difficult to move on.
    I wonder if there have actually been any enquiries about them?

In his presser today, LB referred to possible movement out to allow him to make another signing. Fingers crossed!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast