+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New US investors.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm sure someone, somewhere will put a downer on it.
    Do you mean like someone starting a thread about them, with the rather insinuating title of 'Watts in it for them ?."

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    I don’t think that they will be involved directly - more the connections that they have in the sporting world. Just as working with VK is seen as an attraction to bring in new talent, as we have seen, because they are both respected in their fields, players may view the club in a more positive, attractive light.
    Yes that's fair enough Swiss, if our current recruitment team, which has been incredibly succesful, identifies a US player, their involvement would make it far more likely that the player would agree to join us. It might persuade us to have a good look at the US, there are some decent American PL players currently, we might as well have a couple as well.

He's worrying me less and less is our Mr Muric. It's BPF that worries me.
    I am with you BT. I thought BPF was awful with the ball at his feet against Bristol. He nearly had the ball nicked from him on more than one occasion. He will not get away with it in the PL.

At least Muric is beginning to command his area more and can certainly pick a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Do you mean like someone starting a thread about them, with the rather insinuating title of 'Watts in it for them ?."
    No-one "invests" in an enterprise without the expectation of a reward of some sort mon ami. I was just having what I considered to be a clever play on words. Got shot down in a shower of $hit as usual.

No-one "invests" in an enterprise without the expectation of a reward of some sort mon ami. I was just having what I considered to be a clever play on words. Got shot down in a shower of $hit as usual.
    I suppose their reward is a small part share in a Premiership club and all of the exposure they are currently receiving. He said he has spoken to Ryan Reynolds about his Wrexham experience and was no doubt told it was a brilliant move and is loving it. It just so happens that JJ and his wife seem to have adopted little old Burnley.

You thought someone was bound to 'put a downer on it', yours is the only negative comment I've seen, if you don't want to find something, don't start a search.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You thought someone was bound to 'put a downer on it', yours is the only negative comment I've seen, if you don't want to find something, don't start a search.
    FFS it was not a "downer", I thought it was a clever thread title but as usual the grammar school brigade have to put you down. How you cope with the nose bleed sitting on such a high horse God only knows.

It was indeed a very clever play on words mon ami, well done, but the suggestion implied, meant that you should have been the last person talking about some poster putting a downer on their investment in our club. Just sometimes mon ami, I suspect you are a trifle lacking in the self-awareness dept. A bit like a certain Guardian cartoonist, you just don't see it.

Nevertheless, as ever, I shall ignore your shocking personal attack on my working class education, it was not my fault I passed the 11plus and went to Accy Grammar. It is though a cross I shall clearly have to bear, but I shall continue to do so with equanimity.

Have a good night mon ami.

Why can't people just accept that this lovely couple want to join in and invest a little bit into our fantastic club,instead of putting up strange OP titles. Let's enjoy our new investors and not think critical of them.Well said Sinky,long live the Grammar school etiquette.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Why can't people just accept that this lovely couple want to join in and invest a little bit into our fantastic club,instead of putting up strange OP titles. Let's enjoy our new investors and not think critical of them.Well said Sinky,long live the Grammar school etiquette.
    F*ck off the lot of you.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)