+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No surprise Catlin backs Tesco ...

re: No surprise Catlin backs Tesco ...

What is the point in posting opinions we have already read on another board?

Some posters on here don't read TBA

Why not just add a link then so we don;t have to wade through it to find the point your are trying to make?

Thanks for posting that, I don't have time to read all other boards and I am sure I am not the only one.

Also posting the detail rather than the link means I can just read the important parts rather than the whole chat.

Not everyone sits on the internet and has time to read everything!

Cheers

I think moving out of the city would increase gates. Being an "outsider" myself I have for years put up with problems of getting into town, getting parked and something to eat pre-match. It means you have to leave an hour early at least (in my case probably 2). Getting away after the game can be a big problem as well. This surely puts a lot of floating fans off coming down. The die-hards would find their way out of the city to the match in an off-island location, probably on free transport provided by the club? Emotionally hard to leave FP I know but for me it is the only way forward.

A question for you Whatever, If you don't read the full thread, how do you know the extract contains the important parts?

It is posted word for word. To delete words, paragraphs Whatever isn't for me

Corks if it happened, I don't think it will, you would miss the OCH

That's very true although the cheese and tom quiche aint a patch on what it used to be. I am sure there would be good nosh outlets at New Fratton Park. Micks Burgers would have a massive outlet.

Personally I hope we stay at Fratton for as long as possible - I think it's a unique ground, full of atmosphere and history. Fans sit so close to the pitch - totally special. My view is that, with Tesco deal, Fratton can be made safe and, with further plans and funding to increase to 30000, will be suitable for the club right back up to the prem ! If Pompey ever get themselves in a position where they have money to burn Id rather they invested in some flash players rather than proving better 'facilities' for fans - I, personally, find that the urinals and chicken Balti pies are fine considering that I'm more interested in watching the team play great footy. My understanding of the Tesco deal is also ( as LD has helpfully posted) that Pompey get a good chunk of land and enough loot keep Fratton alive and kicking for a good while.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)