+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kibbutz (a request) Photos

Barrie:

Tomorrow, or soon the new, “Wailing Wall”, will be the most reverent site in the world for the Turf Moor faithful. Located in the Old City of Burnley, it will be the western support wall of 'Turf Moor' football ground . Thousands of people will journey to the wall every year to visit and recite prayers. These prayers are either spoken or written down and placed in the cracks of the wall. The wall is divided into two sections, one large area for males and the other a small area for females. It will be one of the major highlights in any tour of Burnley.

Don't ask the Israelis to build the wall ,simply they have forgotten.

King Herod built the Western Wall in 20 BCE during an expansion of the Second Temple.

Super selection - Balam....no shortage of subjects, tis saddening it surrounded in hurt - but for the most , seems it doesn't cause too much interference, or perhap folk have just gotten used to it....I think i'd be happy near the judean desert, living in some ancient structure, with the camel....never too far from the med if I felt like a swim. Is there anything you miss from your days in England - do you come back to the uk often/ever, and did you have need to convert ?

i can't understand religious wars, Christianity, Islam, judaism are all branches of the same religion, then later in the UK you get the Catholic, Church of England schism not to mention methodists, baptists etc. It goes on, someone doesn't like the status quo so they create their own branch..Luther, Brigham Young, jim jones..where's it going, they can't all be right? All I know it's caused a lot of deaths worldwide and to what end? So, going back to the question, do you need to convert..No, keep your own council and just be a decent human being, support Burnley and hope that the Mormons are the true religion. And if you believe that last bit, i'll pray for you.

Norder cheers : Yes its a fascinating place the desert, but a little far if you want to swim in the med ,plus open sewers flow from Gaza into those lovely waters ,would you? My first experience was a thought traveling down through the desert, it reminds me of what the moon would be like. Now there is nothing I miss football, maybe, I have never been to a game here in Israel ,too low the standard ,but maybe slowly ,who knows. Converting - no. I am still Christian ,and under no pressure to convert in the Kibbutz I am the only 'non Jew'. But I would not say I am part of Christianity or any religion, for me its the ''we and they. ''It is like a sentment that would never be united 'x and y'. Just as Burnley fans could not be supporters of the Rovers! So after being in India in '77,' I take a spiritual path, not a religious path. But 'religion' is all about this country Jews ,Christians and Islam. Yesterday, a thought came to my mind. ''Christ died for our sins.'' No! his death caused Christianity to spread all over the world. Or take fear, many I have heard say ''I fear the Lord ''To this I say ''No, there can be no fear in a relationship of Love!'' I think the correct truth is ''to be in awe of God ''there should not be fear!
    That's what happens, or the effect of being here ,but I am very happy here, (8 am ,02/02/21).

I can't understand religious wars, Christianity, Islam, judaism are all branches of the same religion, then later in the UK you get the Catholic, Church of England schism not to mention methodists, baptists etc. It goes on, someone doesn't like the status quo so they create their own branch. Luther, Brigham Young, jim jones..where's it going, they can't all be right? All I know it's caused a lot of deaths worldwide and to what end? So, going back to the question, do you need to convert..No, keep your own council and just be a decent human being, support Burnley and hope that the Mormons are the true religion. And if you believe that last bit, i'll pray for you.

Chris
    We do not want wars here. The Arabs want a 'Ummah' an Islamic society from Pakistan to Morocco but that little land here stops them. We have had a real 'bashing on this subject in the past on here, BT is, well, a great wise sage and scholar on that subject. He has a little tin hat he puts on from time to time to have a bash at me ,but what I write I trust get's thrown in the bin, being unread.' But keeps me on my toes when new events happen, plus sharpens my memory when he wants answers of events some 6 - 9 years ago.
    Yes, on religions we have divided and sub divided.
    Each religion proclaims themselves superior and that the followers of their religion are the chosen ones, while others are not even human but creatures of hell - doomed forever. Take Hell. Another word is Gehenna or Gehennom. Just on the west side approaching Jerusalem is a valley.
    The Hinnom Valley, also known as Gehenna translated to “hell”. This small valley has arguably the saddest history of the area, as children were sacrificed to Molech, with drums beating to drown out the screams of the children in the fire. This is spoken of in the books of Jeremiah and 2 Kings 23. In 2 Kings 23:10, it states that King Josiah defiled the valley and ensured that no man would ever make sacrifice of his child there again during this reforms to bring a new covenant with the Lord.
    Gehenna as a term was used by Jesus to describe eternal punishment and fire. This was in no way by accident, as the people he spoke to would have been well aware of the dark history of the area.
    As long as the various religions exist and their provincial teachings are preached - there will be blind believers of those poisonous ideas who spread hatred and venom between the various religions. Religion itself is the problem - not a rallying point for unity in times of crisis.
    Through such religions it is next to impossible to establish unity in the society. Religious differences should be minimized as much as possible, but it should be remembered that blind faith in a religion cannot be forcibly eliminated. To strike at any type of sentiment will only cause that sentiment to grow stronger.

Chris ......''And if you believe that last bit, i'll pray for you.''

It is said God is omniscient, that is everything is known to God. That is also what ever you think all is known. So no need to pray as it is already known what you will ask for. Then no need for prayer??

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Chris ......''And if you believe that last bit, i'll pray for you.''

It is said God is omniscient, that is everything is known to God. That is also what ever you think all is known. So no need to pray as it is already known what you will ask for. Then no need for prayer??
    Amen to that...

Good to hear more from life in the Kibbutz.....I read Hamifratz homes around 1400 people (the only christian) but i'd suppose you would take join in with the important Jewish holidays / celebrations - it being a part of life there, has likely become a part of your life also, I would assume ?
    I also never understood "jesus died to pay for our sins"....nowhere is it said in the bible, soi'd suspect that somewhere along the line - a sinner made it up, an attempt expunge themself from higher judgement - then "Christ died for our sins" ....that I understand - he raised Lazarus, walked on water, turned water into wine, fed the 5000 at the sea of Galilee...and there's all those words of beauty, yet the people allowed (with little protest) his punishment and Crucifixion - perhaps that the sin he died for...."father, forgive them"
    Looking at the map - balam....if I was at the nothern end of the Desert, I could head WNW and arrive in Netanya - only about 45 miles and on my camel, with a light load - would arrive within a day... .

Cheers.

Norder: Depends what you call the desert, we really think it starts at Beersheva, the start of the desert, and that's about 74 miles. Actually in Hebrew Be'er is a well and Sheva is seven, the place of 7 wells.(33. And he called it Shibah. Therefore the name of the city is Beer-sheba unto this day. Genesis 26 -33) Then if its over 30 C,( like 38 C it can be much more) You would travel about 7 km's see a kiosk selling ice-cream, and that's your effort, fagged out! And we have had 139, days of lock downs, even now! Would you even make it to the first road block? An Helicopter would be your best bet to get to Netanya!

Nazareth:
    The towering cupola of the Church of the Annunciation in Nazareth stands over the cave that tradition holds to be the home of the Virgin Mary.
    Here, it is believed, the archangel Gabriel told the young Mary, aged about 14, that she would become the mother of the Son of God. And here Mary uttered her consent: “Let it be done to me according to your word.”

The lower level of the Church of the Annunciation enshrines a sunken grotto that contains the traditional cave-home of the Virgin Mary.
    The cave is flanked by remnants of earlier churches on the site. Its entrance is sometimes closed by a protective grille. Inside the cave stands an altar with the Latin inscription “Here the Word was made flesh”.

compass bank

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)