+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Automatic Promotion

And I was almost over that game.
    Thanks lads

You are very Welcome - does anyone remember the playoff final ……

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    You are very Welcome - does anyone remember the playoff final ……
    Talking about finals, our new owners, San Francisco 49ers, have got into the Superbowl. This is their third in about 10 years. Unfortunately lost the other 2. Will have to root for them this year. Usually, I only watch the commercials and the halftime show.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    Talking about finals, our new owners, San Francisco 49ers, have got into the Superbowl. This is their third in about 10 years. Unfortunately lost the other 2. Will have to root for them this year. Usually, I only watch the commercials and the halftime show.
    If they play against Kansas how they did against Detroit it will be third time unlucky

You have a better chance winning a bet on "wrassling" than with the 49's. It's also less fixed than "football". The NFL has determined they want the chiefs to win so that we can see taylor swift a hundred times.

Made some money on the the chiefs last weekend. Saw that the NFL had picked one of the worst refs for this game. He has the distinction of having the away team win over 72% of the time. that's a stunning stat. Home games are intimidating in the NFL especially the playoffs. Not much different that the advantage that we enjoy at ER. It takes a special caliber ref to ensure that high of a disparity in record. He also has the highest number of "objected" key calls in the league. He's decided several key plays in key games over the years. he's rock solid if you want to fix a game.

It's harder to throw the super bowl but I"m sure the NFL will find a way to do it. Don't really care for the 49's but really despise bogus officiating in any sport.

And we expect the powers that be in SF to pay the slightest attention to some second tier football team this side of the pond? I'm sure Parathe is just oh so busy making sure LUFC has what they need, when " the NFL’s championship game generating roughly $14.6 billion", really?
    Last edited by WTF11; 31-01-2024 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    And we expect the powers that be in SF to pay the slightest attention to some second tier football team this side of the pond? I'm sure Parathe is just oh so busy making sure LUFC has what they need, when " the NFL’s championship game generating roughly $14.6 billion", really?
    Why did they bother buying us then???

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Why did they bother buying us then???
    Damned if I know. Their behaviour towards the club to date doesn't show me (at least) evidence of an owning co-operative that has much in the way of day-to-day interest in the playing staff or those who manage them, nor the longer-term indications relating to ground improvements etc, which have now been the subject of a statement by the owners connecting such things with promotion to the PL.

If that latter connection is anywhere near correct (and it came from them, not some "pundit"), then the lack of activity in the PL and their absence for large parts of the season so far, would indicate that anything relating to promotion is hardly front and centre in their considerations (and posts on this and other threads would suggest I'm not the only one with that opinion).

Perhaps we are like a syndicate buying a racehorse.
    The chances of winning anything are slim, but they get a few good day’s out and the occasional run for their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Perhaps we are like a syndicate buying a racehorse.
    The chances of winning anything are slim, but they get a few good day’s out and the occasional run for their money.
    Many a true word spoken in jest.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)