+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Summer Shopping List

re: Summer Shopping List

not sure. think he'd fill a certain luke-murphy sized void though

I've always been a bit iffy about players coming back.
    Bailey has been fairly anonymous when out on loan (e.g. Coventry). With a 'new improved' midfield of Inman and Grant, supported by Nolan and Turton, do we really need someone who would not want to sit on the bench?

I don't think we are looking for another midfield player there are other priorities like a goalkeeper-coach, depends on what happens with Byron and Tootle, but if they both stay I think we will go with what we've got and look at the loan market if need be when the season is underway.

Quote Originally Posted by AlsagerCrewie
    James Bailey has been released by Derby ...
    yes please
    Keeper Adam Legzdins released too.

two players being confirmed as targets in the Crewe Chronicle-
    James Bailey, and Liam McAlinden of Wolves for a season long loan.

Neil Etheridge released by Fulham too. I think James Bailey could end up back here, but the striker from Tamworth is just agents playing the game.

Chuks will surely get a better offer, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by fevver_tox
    yes please
    Keeper Adam Legzdins released too.[/quote]

Should never have got rid of this keeper. I would like to see him back...his experience would be good for young Garratt.

Summer shoppoing list

Mick ,he showed very little when he was here, are we going back to that age old theme of remembering players that have left as better than they actually were...

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    yes please
    Keeper Adam Legzdins released too.[/quote]

Should never have got rid of this keeper. I would like to see him back...his experience would be good for young Garratt.[/quote]

I thought Steve Phillips was a much better 'keeper than either Legzdins or any of the raft of loanees. Etheridge was different in that he arrived at a crucial time: Martin out, or near enough; Phillips injured or not on top form; Ben not quite ready.

And I must agree with Supercrewe that James Bailey, while he was on the cusp of stardom here, did nothing for Derby or any of the clubs where he went on loan. I'm not sure we could improve on that.

re: Summer shoppoing list

Quote Originally Posted by supercrewe
    Mick ,he showed very little when he was here, are we going back to that age old theme of remembering players that have left as better than they actually were...
    I thought he was Ok. Actually never really saw that much of him, perhaps because he was never given the opportunity. Only made 6 appearances and left 4 years ago to prove that he could hold his own in first of all L2 with Burton and then with Derby in the Championship. Agreed, he only made 35 appearances for the Rams, although to be fair to AL, he was kept out by first choice, Frank Fielding. My thoughts of a return are based on the experience picked up by AL on his travels.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast