+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This Bottle Scheme.

Zero accountability, waste waste ****ing waste with these idiotic zealots.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I think that the use of private companies to deliver government policies is the root cause of failed initiatives. Instead of getting clever civil servant to draw up the scheme based on meaningful and informed comment from the bits of society that will be impacted by any new legislation they privatise the whole process. SUSTRANS is another example of this type of thinking. You have no hope of stopping any wrong headed idea because the government just keeps throwing money at the company tasked with delivering a defined goal. Hopefully the company will be cancelled. Keeping it going until the UK scheme is agreed will be a complete waste of money imo.

it's like the ferries, do they scrap the company and start all over again or keep shovelling money at it until at least Oct 2025?
    We will also have the legal bill to pick up now because I'll guarantee every company that has invested in this scheme that they were told as late as April that it was 100% going ahead are now gonna sue.

I hope they do sue and the politicians are thrown under a bus by their own civil servants. It is no freak of language that government employees are called civil servants. They are supposed to serve the people to the best of their ability by using their experience to ensure that politicians do not make rash, poorly thought out decisions. Holyrood has not had that since the SNP became the party of government. Copying the Westminster party political system is crazy because Holyrood does not have a second house. I don't want a House of Scottish Lords but we certainly need some form of powerful review system. It was a complete dereliction of duty to allow this scheme to go as far as it did when it was known that the UK was developing a scheme and a standalone Scottish scheme would be impossible to deliver. Humza should terminate the agreement with the Greens and try running Scotland properly. Forget independence for the moment, they have never managed to answer a single fundamental question about the economics of the idea, and the farcical concept of withdrawing from a union with England NIreland and Wales in favour of France Germany Poland Italy et al, is even more problematic, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    it's like the ferries, do they scrap the company and start all over again or keep shovelling money at it until at least Oct 2025?
    We will also have the legal bill to pick up now because I'll guarantee every company that has invested in this scheme that they were told as late as April that it was 100% going ahead are now gonna sue.
    To that you can add the new booking system for the Calmac Ferries which has been a total shambles thanks to the Scottish Government purchasing a computer system from another company which was not tailored to suit the requirements of the Clyde and Hebridean ferry routes.
    Things are bad when the members of the Calmac Communities Board which was set up as a condition of Calmac winning the contract to operate ferries on the Clyde and Hebridean ferry routes in 2016. The people elected to serve in the Communities Board are basically yes men who do as they are told are rarely complain about anything.

I hope they do sue and the politicians are thrown under a bus by their own civil servants. It is no freak of language that government employees are called civil servants. They are supposed to serve the people to the best of their ability by using their experience to ensure that politicians do not make rash, poorly thought out decisions. Holyrood has not had that since the SNP became the party of government. Copying the Westminster party political system is crazy because Holyrood does not have a second house. I don't want a House of Scottish Lords but we certainly need some form of powerful review system. It was a complete dereliction of duty to allow this scheme to go as far as it did when it was known that the UK was developing a scheme and a standalone Scottish scheme would be impossible to deliver. Humza should terminate the agreement with the Greens and try running Scotland properly. Forget independence for the moment, they have never managed to answer a single fundamental question about the economics of the idea, and the farcical concept of withdrawing from a union with England NIreland and Wales in favour of France Germany Poland Italy et al, is even more problematic, imo.
    This is another of the Greens ill thought out schemes similar to the Tranny Bill and their determination to stop building new dual carriageway roads such as the A9 and the A96 because these bampot Green Leaders think that they are saving the planet.
    I think that Wee Pat and that dreadful Lorna Slater will not be happy until we return to using a horse and cart to get about.

The lesson for us all is never vote Green, it is not a neutral option for the second vote. Be better for us all if we voted Labour or SNP or Conservative with both votes in Holyrood elections. Any combination of these three parties will stop the Green madness.
    Only trouble is in England where the Greens have no hope of getting any political leverage, the pressure groups like Extinction Rebellion take over.

This Green Party seem he’ll bent on forcing people into poverty, I really struggle to see what their agenda is, certainly not about saving the planet

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    This Green Party seem he’ll bent on forcing people into poverty, I really struggle to see what their agenda is, certainly not about saving the planet
    The planet will do what the planet will do.

We are an insignificant pale blue 🔵 dot.

Like eliminating COVID ****ing delusional bampots

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    We should be bombarding Ms Maggie Chapman who is the Green list MSP for North East Scotland which includes Dundee with emails asking her why her party is hell bent on being anti business and forcing people into poverty in Scotland.
    As a list MSP she is duty bound to deal with letters and emails from people living in her constituency even if they did not vote for her political party.

The lesson for us all is never vote Green, it is not a neutral option for the second vote. Be better for us all if we voted Labour or SNP or Conservative with both votes in Holyrood elections. Any combination of these three parties will stop the Green madness.
    Only trouble is in England where the Greens have no hope of getting any political leverage, the pressure groups like Extinction Rebellion take over.
    In my opinion candidates from political parties should only be allowed to stand as a list MSP if their political party put up candidates in every seat in the first past the post constituencies throughout Scotland.
    That would get rid of the Green MSPs as they never put candidates up for constituencies in the first past the post seats.
    I also agree that we should never vote Green in the list votes. We should only vote Labour, Conservative or SNP as the Lib Dems are also a waste of space.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)