+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Moderation Discussion

A moderator goes for a haircut whilst wearing some headphones. When they get there they say to the barber, ‘whatever you do, do NOT knock the headphones’

The barber cuts very carefully and doesn’t knock them.

The moderator visits again the following month and says the same. Again the same caution applies.

However on their third visit, the moderator gets complacent and thinks they don’t need to give said advice. The barber gets careless and knocks the headphones. The headphones fall to the floor, and the moderator immediately collapses and dies.

The barber picks up the headphones and slots them into his ears. On a loop they simply say, ’Breathe in, Breathe out’

Much as I hate to stick my head above the parapet, having run a website, blog, etc and given it up, I wouldn't be a moderator for all the tea in China. You're never going to please everybody even some of the time let alone all the time. Please don't leave if you're new; we rely on newbies to set/revise the tone. And where else would us Millers fans (and let's face it, that's all we have in common) be able to exchange our views?

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    A moderator goes for a haircut whilst wearing some headphones. When they get there they say to the barber, ‘whatever you do, do NOT knock the headphones’

The barber cuts very carefully and doesn’t knock them.

The moderator visits again the following month and says the same. Again the same caution applies.

However on their third visit, the moderator gets complacent and thinks they don’t need to give said advice. The barber gets careless and knocks the headphones. The headphones fall to the floor, and the moderator immediately collapses and dies.

The barber picks up the headphones and slots them into his ears. On a loop they simply say, ’Breathe in, Breathe out’
    I prefer the version where moderator is replaced with someone else. Maybe Darren Moore?

Much of this seems really childish to me.
    It's interesting that none of the complainers are offering to put themselves forward as moderators so they can sort out what they perceive as problems.
    Says a lot really.
    How's about just getting back to commenting on the football shambles we've endured this season?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Much of this seems really childish to me.
    It's interesting that none of the complainers are offering to put themselves forward as moderators so they can sort out what they perceive as problems.
    Says a lot really.
    How's about just getting back to commenting on the football shambles we've endured this season?
    I'd put myself forward to cobble some house rules together. Pointless effort though, because it won't change some of the toxic culture, nor would it get properly applied. Knowing what resistance looks like doesn't impact my right to voice an opinion.

As others have said,being a mod on what is at times, a very childish forum populated by some reyt attention seeking saddos,is a thankless task.
    Keep up the good work chaps,does that make me one of the "Favoured" by saying that ?
    Not to worry,I`ll try more pointless whingeing in future.

Maybe the moderator should moderate the moderator from time to time.

After all he can see what the other moderator posts and deletes.

Darren Moore. Be a first for him that. First time he’s had more braincells than the bloke he’s replaced. Assuming the right moderator is replaced.

PS. Why is Roly picking on me? Please tell him to stop.

Why do moderators choose to do what they do?. What are the rewards (if any)? Who chooses the moderators? Who moderates them? Who removes them? Who is the man (sorry person) at the top of this tree? Questions questions. What are the origins of this forum? What money is involved? How much does advertising generate? Nine questions. I look forward to the answers

The mods im afraid should do as it says on the tin. Moderate. Ie pull views that are not moderate. Being anti woke or not challenging anti.woke views is not the voice of a moderate person. Its the sort of stuff you see in the editorials of tbe right wing press and worse. Let it go if you want "moderators" but dont pretend you are being fair. I really dont accept that you cant put a simple sticky reminder to warn people about certain comments. I will tell you what i will do it for you camiller if you tbink its too much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    The mods im afraid should do as it says on the tin. Moderate. Ie pull views that are not moderate. Being anti woke or not challenging anti.woke views is not the voice of a moderate person. Its the sort of stuff you see in the editorials of tbe right wing press and worse. Let it go if you want "moderators" but dont pretend you are being fair. I really dont accept that you cant put a simple sticky reminder to warn people about certain comments. I will tell you what i will do it for you camiller if you tbink its too much trouble.
    So give me an example where I haven't been fair? Woke/Anti-Woke? What does that even mean? As far as I can tell people even argue about those definitions so what chance do I have of sorting it out. It's a football message board so why are we even discussing it?

PS Still waiting on which of my views it is that everyone is supporting.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast