+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: PSF Forest

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastultra1977 View Post
    If it was FA cup,Carobao etc.I would be there tommorow and grin and bare it.I can't bear to hear their thick,middle aged stupid fans giving it the big one how superior they are to everybody.

I hate the f****T b******s always have and always will.It's not the players,management or even the ground, for me,it's the sheer arrogance of their 'fans'.When I used to live in Notts you heard it in the pubs,on the street and at work. When I travel over for Notts it's still the same now.There can't be a club in the entire land who has more arrogant fans than them.
    That’s not my experience. At all. They, like us have an element of numpties, granted.

If it was FA cup,Carobao etc.I would be there tommorow and grin and bare it.I can't bear to hear their thick,middle aged stupid fans giving it the big one how superior they are to everybody.

I hate the f****T b******s always have and always will.It's not the players,management or even the ground, for me,it's the sheer arrogance of their 'fans'.When I used to live in Notts you heard it in the pubs,on the street and at work. When I travel over for Notts it's still the same now.There can't be a club in the entire land who has more arrogant fans than them.
    This Absolutely, it's why I'm not going tomrrow I can''t bear watching their smug fans celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    That’s not my experience. At all. They, like us have an element of numpties, granted.
    Same, I can't hate their fans because the ones I know personally are ok. Some are my family and best friends, and I'll be taking my 6 year old grandson who supports Forest* tomorrow because he wanted to go and his dad has to work and couldn't get tickets anyway.

I hate Forest the club, but only in the 'I want them to lose every game' football sense of hate.

* I'm hoping I can convert him to the right side of the Trent. His dad can only offer TV games, while I can offer the real thing. At worst he might become one of those increasingly rare types who support both.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Same, I can't hate their fans because the ones I know personally are ok. Some are my family and best friends, and I'll be taking my 6 year old grandson who supports Forest* tomorrow because he wanted to go and his dad has to work and couldn't get tickets anyway.

I hate Forest the club, but only in the 'I want them to lose every game' football sense of hate.

* I'm hoping I can convert him to the right side of the Trent. His dad can only offer TV games, while I can offer the real thing. At worst he might become one of those increasingly rare types who support both.
    Fingers crossed for you.

Sadly I’m working my my 8 and soon to be 10 year old are going… thankfully they already love Notts

Some of my best mates are forest fans - we all have a good banter over a few beers -

Nor mine.

I can see a bit of what you are saying - the word I would have used is "entitlement", pointing to the 2 stars on their badge and thinking this means they are better than everyone else. It was more than 40 years ago. Half of them weren't even born then.

I think you are doing the right thing Elite - offering him the real thing. Slowly, slowly catchy monkey.

Condescending would be my word for Forest fans regarding us and that’s what I can’t stand.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    This Absolutely, it's why I'm not going tomrrow I can''t bear watching their smug fans celebrate.
    Not going, pointless "friendly" against the barstewards.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Some of my best mates are forest fans - we all have a good banter over a few beers -
    Same here. They're pretty hard to avoid if you live or grew up in Nottingham.

I would say that Forest fans are generally different to Notts fans though, even the ones I know and love. Their footballing identity is based on success, however far in the past, and even when they're not actually being successful. In this sense, they seem to lack self-awareness.

Notts fans' identity is based on tough times and a sort of stoic gallows humour. We'll admit when we're **** without hesitation, and when things are going well, we're looking for reasons why the wheel could fall off.

Generally speaking, of course.

If you could condense both clubs' support down to a single person and they both had a conversation, it would go something like this:

Forest: "We're bigger and better than you."

Notts: "Yeah, I know, and I don't care."

Forest: *Confused look

The two sets of fans will never understand each other.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 15-07-2023 at 05:00 AM.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast