+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yes it is a good morning

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    The euphemistically named collateral damage is always a part of war.

The city was bombed for 5 days, prior to this the citizens had been advised to leave but over 2000 were killed and 10's of thousands made homeless as 80% of the city was destroyed. The Middle East? No, it was Caen in 1944, plus ca change.
    Great Britain, France & Germany (all sovereign states) were at war k_c. The Jews have decided to slaughter Palestinians who cannot fight back.

Remind me again of the size of the Palestinian air force and whether or not Palestine is a sovereign state.

We used to live not far from the seaside resort of Royan in the Charente Maritime, we were told that American tourists were not always warmly welcomed, this was because in April 1945 in a 1,000 plane raid, the USAAF had dropped tons of Napalm on the town, and virtually razed it to the ground, killing (most likely incinerating) 1,500 innocent French civilians.

A French report on the raid that I read, said that when the local French resistance got to hear about the planned massive air raid, they tried to contact an Allied Radio Post somewhere in northern France, to tell them that there were only French civilians left in the town, and that the few German soldiers left in the vicinity were on the verge of surrender. They were going to plead to get the raid called off but they couldn't raise anyone on the radio until it was too late and a beautiful French town was destroyed and 1,500 people lost their lives. And it was all totally pointless, although I suppose the Yanks did learn something about the efficacy of Napalm.

Another example of the iniquity and incompetence of the war machine, civilians are always the losers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Great Britain, France & Germany (all sovereign states) were at war k_c. The Jews have decided to slaughter Palestinians who cannot fight back.

Remind me again of the size of the Palestinian air force and whether or not Palestine is a sovereign state.
    Hezbollah is at war with Israel, they have given them numerous warnings to cease their rocket attacks on northern Israel, but the terrorists have fired rockets into Israel every single day now for eleven months. The warnings have had no effect so now the IDF are going after them, as they have always said they would after they'd disposed of Hamas. Seems perfectly reasonable to me, what's your problem mon ami ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Hezbollah is at war with Israel, they have given them numerous warnings to cease their rocket attacks on northern Israel, but the terrorists have fired rockets into Israel every single day now for eleven months. The warnings have had no effect so now the IDF are going after them, as they have always said they would after they'd disposed of Hamas. Seems perfectly reasonable to me, what's your problem mon ami ?
    The Jews have not defeated Hamas. The Jews will now bring death and destruction to Lebanon. And on it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The Jews have not defeated Hamas. The Jews will now bring death and destruction to Lebanon. And on it goes.
    According to BBC news reports, 12 nations allied with Israel have called for a cease fire. However Netanyahu as not directly responded to this request, but has told the IDF to fight with full force, whatever that may mean I would have assumed that any military force would be using everything available to them.

Being somewhat cynical, unfortunately I suspect that all the conflict is just so Netanyahu can hold on to power, as he was not that popular prior to these conflicts. The only nation who could force a cease fire is the USA, by refusing to supply any more weapons or ammunition to the IDF, this is extremely unlikely during the run up to the presidential election in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    According to BBC news reports, 12 nations allied with Israel have called for a cease fire. However Netanyahu as not directly responded to this request, but has told the IDF to fight with full force, whatever that may mean I would have assumed that any military force would be using everything available to them.

Being somewhat cynical, unfortunately I suspect that all the conflict is just so Netanyahu can hold on to power, as he was not that popular prior to these conflicts. The only nation who could force a cease fire is the USA, by refusing to supply any more weapons or ammunition to the IDF, this is extremely unlikely during the run up to the presidential election in November.
    US backed Israel act as agents provocateur for any US President whatever the colour, creed or religion in the Middle-East. Only the Arabs suffer.

It's all so simple and in the hands of the terrorist scum still holding women and children hostage after 11 months. Release the hostages and a ceasefire will follow, but they won't. How any normal, decent human being can support the taking of hostages is way, way beyond my comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It's all so simple and in the hands of the terrorist scum still holding women and children hostage after 11 months. Release the hostages and a ceasefire will follow, but they won't. How any normal, decent human being can support the taking of hostages is way, way beyond my comprehension.
    I think the only person on the planet who does not want the unconditional release of the sausages is Netanyahu. It's his excuse to keep bombing Gaza to smithereens.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...d=BingNewsSerp

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)