+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Liam Walker Signs

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I have a feeling Walker might change a few opinions before the season is out. I don't think he's the type to win many MOM awards, but he might give us that bit of steel in midfield that we have lacked for a while. I know this is a pretty radical suggestion, but it might be worth giving him a few games before deciding he's useless.
    Fair comment, but I can understand the scepticism given our general record with new signings, especially trial players, in recent years. I've lost count of the number of times we've got to November and December time and realised the squad is at least half full of deadwood which can barely be used, so we end up scratching around to put a team together. It strikes me that Liam Walker has spent much of his career playing at quite a low level of competition, so it's difficult to assess just how good he might actually be. He's here now though, so all the best to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    True, he would have been a real prize.
    I didn't suggest he was a prize but he was good enough for his current club to settle him down and offer him an improved new deal. I mean after all it's not like there have been any players in the past few years that have under performed at Notts and done much better both before and after their time at Meadow Lane is there. Anyway good luck to Mr Plan B.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I didn't suggest he was a prize.
    Nobel prize

I know you are down under but.....

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I didn't suggest he was a prize but he was good enough for his current club to settle him down and offer him an improved new deal. I mean after all it's not like there have been any players in the past few years that have under performed at Notts and done much better both before and after their time at Meadow Lane is there. Anyway good luck to Mr Plan B.
    Come on QP, you're normally a bit more awake than that, perhaps it's the time difference. My 'prize' comment was nothing more than a cheap pun on you calling him Nobel rather than Noble.

Looks like LM beat me by a minute!

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    Nobel prize

I know you are down under but.....
    When I referred to myself as the idiot brigade in my first post clearly I was correct!

It was early and I am usually used to the straightest of bats in defence against eLite Pie.

D'oh stupid is as stupid does Forrest.

for goodness sake let the bloke kick a ball in anger before you pass judgment

Gawd, just found out he was in that piss poor Portsmouth team with Luke Rodgers, a side who gave one of the worst performances I've ever seen.

This, along with the rest of his career suggests bench filler at absolute best.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Gawd, just found out he was in that piss poor Portsmouth team with Luke Rodgers, a side who gave one of the worst performances I've ever seen.
    This, along with the rest of his career suggests bench filler at absolute best.
    Name:  Doomed.png
Views: 497
Size:  8.0 KB

He was also in the Lincoln Red Imps side that beat Celtic in Champions League qualifying.

But it's how he performs in this Notts side that matters - so let's see.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast