+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not good enough..!

I think at the moment you would be foolish to drop downing
    Yet to experience defeat in a blue and white shirt and seems to enjoy playing alongside the skipper
    So what does that hold for lenihan who is literally a couple of weeks away from returning?
    I think back up for Smallwood who is dancing towards a ban
    As for the thoughts on 4-4-2 I wouldn't fancy going back to that style
    Who does this anymore?
    I would be inclined to shake the wingers up for Walsall
    Armstrong and Payne to start
    Bell left back and Williams to remain centre half regardless of the injury to mulgrew.
    Only question who to be captain if no mulgrew or Conway
    Maybe the king of ewood.

Robin - it's hard to pin formations down at all nowadays. I'd be hard pressed to pin a conventional set of numbers to our line-up.
    I'm probably one of the few people who would find it hard to drop Conway. Admittedly, he's only played in three of the seven games I've watched in full this season, but he seemed to me to be doing a good job still - as long as you don't think of him as a winger. He actually cuts inside a lot and picks up the loose ball on the edge of the area effectively. The main problem is, he seems to have lost his shooting-boots. He put another two over the bar against Northampton. Those of you who have watched more full games, though, seem to think he's lost his edge.
    If Bell and Payne play, with Bennett on the right, I might be inclined to hold Armstrong, Nuttall and Samuel in reserve as impact subs.

Raya
    Nyambe Downing Williams Bell
    Smallwood
    Bennett Payne Conway
    Dack
    Graham

(As I said, I'm not quite sure how to set the formation out, but it would be something like that).
    Looking at that line-up again, we are a bit lacking in height for this Division, with Downing the tallest at just over 6".
    Smallwood definitely deserves a chance as captain.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Robin - it's hard to pin formations down at all nowadays. I'd be hard pressed to pin a conventional set of numbers to our line-up.
    I'm probably one of the few people who would find it hard to drop Conway. Admittedly, he's only played in three of the seven games I've watched in full this season, but he seemed to me to be doing a good job still - as long as you don't think of him as a winger. He actually cuts inside a lot and picks up the loose ball on the edge of the area effectively. The main problem is, he seems to have lost his shooting-boots. He put another two over the bar against Northampton. Those of you who have watched more full games, though, seem to think he's lost his edge.
    If Bell and Payne play, with Bennett on the right, I might be inclined to hold Armstrong, Nuttall and Samuel in reserve as impact subs.

Raya
    Nyambe Downing Williams Bell
    Smallwood
    Bennett Payne Conway
    Dack
    Graham

(As I said, I'm not quite sure how to set the formation out, but it would be something like that).
    Looking at that line-up again, we are a bit lacking in height for this Division, with Downing the tallest at just over 6".
    Smallwood definitely deserves a chance as captain.
    I think captain should be Danny Graham. He's been inspirational this season, and really stepped up. I think he deserves it.

Despite not really being in a position to offer an informed opinion, I would none the less second Champs vote for DG.
    I would be basing this on my much earlier viewing of his performances and then by reading of his current 'form'.
    I could add to that his now 'accrued' time wearing B&W, enhanced by his 'seniority' status makes him for me a prime candidate.

Don't tell them on brfcs Graham for captain. Reading most posts, until recently they think graham has had a dreadful season!

QThat’s the beauty (and point) of forums- -it’s all about airing opinion ��

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    QThat’s the beauty (and point) of forums- -it’s all about airing opinion ��
    Just to expand on that;
    On the other thread re: nicely placed, we have NZ informing us that it's a fact that we will not win every game!
    Now, firstly this thread is events occurring from here on (not our season as a whole). Secondly, I am unaware of anyone claiming such a thing ie winning every match. Thirdly his 'claim' is that it's a fact! Well until this night is out, ie we do not win, it renders it just 'his opinion'. I think we can all agree however 'his opinion' has a firm basis, but still not actually a fact.
    He could have used the term unrealistic / unlikely / crazy even ..... But not fact.
    Hence why I do not engage in debate with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    Just to expand on that;
    On the other thread re: nicely placed, we have NZ informing us that it's a fact that we will not win every game!
    Now, firstly this thread is events occurring from here on (not our season as a whole). Secondly, I am unaware of anyone claiming such a thing ie winning every match. Thirdly his 'claim' is that it's a fact! Well until this night is out, ie we do not win, it renders it just 'his opinion'. I think we can all agree however 'his opinion' has a firm basis, but still not actually a fact.
    He could have used the term unrealistic / unlikely / crazy even ..... But not fact.
    Hence why I do not engage in debate with him.

Each to their own. Largely, the normal fans on both sides can chat, and banter away. But you can have a decent chat about a huge passion we all share ....football. Then you get the ones like NZ and the odd idiot from our side. Who cant put aside rivalry and the hate comes out. Affecting the ability to be a normal human being. We wont agree, ever. Just posting here, making snide comments to get a reaction. Its all rather embarrassing. I don't need a guy sitting watching Prem matches being streamed on the other side of the planet about a team I go and see live every week. I don't mind chatting, if he ever had one thing of interest to say. Its all bitter, pedantic stuff designed to get a reaction. Saxo really has done a job on this guy, which he has a natural flare for. NZ has followed him here to piss us off, that's all.

Here is a fact. Dyche is a poor mans Sam Allardyce. The football is absolutely turgid at best. It may upset the odd side, but its not sustainable. If he left, so would any subsequent success. And by success, I don't mean actual silverwear. I mean just treading water. Another fact is, when we had Big Sam the likes of NZ and chums would often frequent this board telling is how crap hoofball was! And how they could never watch it. Now they are getting very excited about it. Its beyond ironic ....but it is a fact
    Last edited by champs95; 30-01-2018 at 10:56 AM.

Despite the fact they are premier league, and we are league one, we are the higher profile club and always will be. They know it and it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Despite the fact they are premier league, and we are league one, we are the higher profile club and always will be. They know it and it hurts.
    Factual

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)