+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 5 told to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    You only need to tie down your best or most promising players down to long contracts.

I would imagine that Ashley sanctions every single penny spent at this club, and begrudgingly as well.
    why would you imagine he is interested in a small part of his business empire

because it suits people thoughts on bashing ashly maybe

this is a man who used his own money to buy us ,took on the debt to save interest charges so why would he begrude us any money

he has already said the manager can have every penny the club generates

if he begrudged us any money why would he make a public statement like that

what I know to be true was he did have arguments in the last window as he wanted players in and charnley said we couldn't until he shifted some of the dead wood

I presume that's why the barbed comment of he can have every penny the club generates was made public

rafa just needs to get players out

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    Brighton and Huddersfield both had very small wage bills last season, our wage bill was almost premier league, as most of our players had either been relegated with us, or signed premier league contracts with the aim of getting promoted.

we also don't see proper premier league money until next year, so our wage bill needs to be kept in check.

for that reason players need to leave.

Rafa will have balanced players earnings against the likelihood he may or may not pick them this season.

that is where the list of players who simply must leave has come from.

the list has nothing to do with fans liking or not liking players, nothing to do with mistertrick is Shiite, Dummett is pish, it will be done on a professional basis.

if a player is not going to see any pitch time (Krul, Haidara, Saivet, Lazaar, Riviere, Good and possibly Hanley) then, they need to be moved on.

some of them earn too much money and will be difficult to shift.

Rafa is aware of this, he has accepted this and we can only pish out of the cock we have!
    both Huddersfield and brighton have had to use money for ground improvemenst this season

they wont see proper money till next season
    players do need t leave you are correct and rafa has ahd 3 windows to move some on

players not performing or not capable need moving on as surely that too is a waste of money
    mistertrick on 60 k a week for gods sake
    colback
    perez
    dummet totally ineffective as a premier left back

I believe as back up haudara is of better value to us than dummet

the truth is every week they stay we pay

they will have to take a hit on lots of the players we have brought
    we had the fire sale last season

rafa was aware of this

rafa has ahd all the promises he wanted
    he needs to deliver

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    why would you imagine he is interested in a small part of his business empire

because it suits people thoughts on bashing ashly maybe

this is a man who used his own money to buy us ,took on the debt to save interest charges so why would he begrude us any money

he has already said the manager can have every penny the club generates

if he begrudged us any money why would he make a public statement like that

what I know to be true was he did have arguments in the last window as he wanted players in and charnley said we couldn't until he shifted some of the dead wood

I presume that's why the barbed comment of he can have every penny the club generates was made public

rafa just needs to get players out
    And this is the man who has has millions of pounds of free exposure thanks to this club. Every single time he is involved in something controversial he is quoted as Ashley, the Newcastle United owner, not Asley of Sports Tat Direct.

It's millions of pounds of free publicity which easily offsets the interest on his loan.

He's not stupid. Why did you think he did it. Out of the goodness of his heart. Get lost.

And this is the man who has has millions of pounds of free exposure thanks to this club. Every single time he is involved in something controversial he is quoted as Ashley, the Newcastle United owner, not Asley of Sports Tat Direct.

It's millions of pounds of free publicity which easily offsets the interest on his loan.

He's not stupid. Why did you think he did it. Out of the goodness of his heart. Get lost.
    publicity really

surely if he wanted publicity for sports direct he wouldn't want the statenment to say Newcastle owner

and a few bill boards around the pitch wont offset what he has put into the club

you might not like sports direct but many many people need shops like his
    and calling it tat is pouring ill will on those that have to use it

single mums and people on low wages with kids who want the brands love his shops

he provides an excellent service

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    publicity really

surely if he wanted publicity for sports direct he wouldn't want the statenment to say Newcastle owner

and a few bill boards around the pitch wont offset what he has put into the club

you might not like sports direct but many many people need shops like his
    and calling it tat is pouring ill will on those that have to use it

single mums and people on low wages with kids who want the brands love his shops

he provides an excellent service
    I'll leave that to the rest of the posters on here to judge that.

I have bought some quality top brand trainers from the Mansfield store,much cheaper than other shops in the area.

I'll leave that to the rest of the posters on here to judge that.
    Where do you shop Pat? Harrods?

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Where do you shop Pat? Harrods?
    About 20/30 years since I've been in Harrods TopToon, and then only to browse.

Oddly enough the owner of Harrods, al Fayed lived less than a mile from me. Next post code.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    I have bought some quality top brand trainers from the Mansfield store,much cheaper than other shops in the area.
    re are mugs that will buy the same brand in a different shop as sports direct are tat

i recently broughta bout 20 poloshirts from the one in pboro and had them printed with the company name

much cheaper than the fruits of the loom wash once ****e

lads love em

£3.99 for an adidas polo in blue
    cant beeat it

I bought a polo recently.....but took it back cos it had a hole in the middle...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)