+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newcastle tonight

re: Newcastle tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyweasel
    Reed's performance will be ***** tonight.

For a 19 year old, I thought he was fantastic tonight. Big boots to fill, whether they be Big Vics or Spidermans, and he looked at ease all night.

Well done Harry

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyweasel
    Reed's performance will be ***** tonight.

For a 19 year old, I thought he was fantastic tonight. Big boots to fill, whether they be Big Vics or Spidermans, and he looked at ease all night.

+1. And to think he's keeping Corky out of the side at the moment.

Well done Harry [/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Brockley_Jack
    Funny you should say that, i'm on holidays in Port Douglas at the moment, today was 33 degrees with 86% humidity! Very nice.
    Port Douglas,very nice,if you have time go up to Cape Trib...paradise[/quote]

Not wrong Joffs, its stunning up there. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Wouldn't swim in the rivers, mind.[/quote]

You've seen the crocs in the Daintree then!

Absolutely delighted with that - to come away with 3 points after the week they've had, with the players that are missing AND the curse of Sky TV is a great achievement.

Well done Saints - superb..

3 away wins in a row in the prem, don't think we've ever done that before?

I would say that this is arguably a better result than last Sunday when you consider the injuries to key players and the amount of travelling this week.

I'm confident we wont go down now!

Quote Originally Posted by ShottermillSaint
    3 away wins in a row in the prem, don't think we've ever done that before?
    I just read exactly the same - another landmark to be proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by ShottermillSaint
    I'm confident we wont go down now!
    Safe by January - another first for Saints in the Premier League, perhaps ?

Tonight's commentator on Sky said a number of journalists had Saints down as relegation fodder this season - err, I think they all did, and are none too happy to be made to look so stupid now. Carragher as prime suspect number one.

Feckin great tonight, watched the game with Jammy down our local in Burnley even got a pat on the back cause a local lad had backed Saints to win and won quite a bit of money, he started singing oh when the Saints go marching in so we all joined in as you do, just hope that Oz watches the game before reading these posts cause i think we may of given the game away if he does !

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Lazar
    Feckin great tonight, watched the game with Jammy down our local in Burnley even got a pat on the back cause a local lad had backed Saints to win and won quite a bit of money, he started singing oh when the Saints go marching in so we all joined in as you do, just hope that Oz watches the game before reading these posts cause i think we may of given the game away if he does !

Nothing given away Bob, watched the game live, most impressed by Reed and Pelle, even though he seems to have stopped scoring he still plays a very important part in our set up. Makes a great target man and holds the ball up well, in my opinion better than Lambert? I watched a US stream of the game a had to laugh with the commentators who were taking the Micky because everybody was saying Saints had a lot of travel this week, 1,400 miles in a week, I do that to and from work week in week out A great season so far, COYY

Pelle is certainly important to the way we normally play, he leads the line so well. Very unlucky recently, I think he has hit the woodwork 5 or 6 times ? including a booming header off the crossbar last night from a great move down the right wing developed from a quality cross in from Clyne. I never thought I would say this, but we are not missing Rickie Lambert. Having said that, Rickie will always be special for the great service he gave us and the large part he played in getting us where we are today.
    I do worry what will happen if Pelle gets badly injured, as we don't have a replacement, but as demonstrated at Ipswich, Koeman just plays Long in a different system - genius or what.

ps. when you have had enough of the large hot shiny thing in the sky, can you give it a shove back our way, we could do with it.
    Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123