+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: One Win In Five Games?

re: One Win In Five Games?

Quote Originally Posted by Rattea
    runs mean nothing unless you compare them against a datum to see what they actually represent.

You tell people you are an accountant so LFL (Like For Like) should not not be totally alien to you. Although more used by those that want to actually measure true performance.

Look at the LFL of results over the whole season and there is little evidence of any real change!

Mind blowing I know to those who dont want, or dont want, to look at it in a true form. I'm sure you would want yourself to be seperated from those
    One has to suspect mental health issues behind this delusional tosh.

There's only one person on here who doesn't want Derby to win and will take delight in any defeat.

WUM

Quote Originally Posted by Gift_of_the_Gabb
    There's only one person on here who doesn't want Derby to win and will take delight in any defeat.

WUM
    1. Who would that be then?

2. Are you one of a growing number who doesnt understand what they read and interprets it to what they think it says but actually doesnt?

I'm going for no 2 on this one

I love it that I am delusional that we have won 1 in the last 4 ... I think its anyone theat doesnt recognise that FACT thats delusional.

what should it read then?

How should it be interpreted then? It seems to me you are saying there has been no improvement since Mac came?????????? when CLEARLY there has, is my interpretation incorrect??????????

Here's one for you, played every team in the championship once and Wigan twice and we are 4th in the league, if we lose to Leicester on Friday, we will still be 4th in the league.

I think we are doing pretty well IMO

Goalposts_________________________________________ ____
    _____________________________________________Goalp osts
    ________________Goalposts_________________________ ____
    _________________________________Goalposts________ ____
    Rattysposts_______________________________________ ____
    ___________________________________________Rattysp osts
    ________________Rattysposts_______________________ ____
    _________________________________Rattysposts______ ____

Any simularities there? ...suits you sir!!!

StHelierRAM that is a fact. now if the fact suits others it will be received differently. That one most will be happy with but if you said if we lose we could drop to 8th you would probably be attacked for being negative

Mickleover_Ram - you are interpreting there has been an improvement. But what from? From Jewell or the PL season or what? If you you are going to interpret what are you basing your measure of improvement against??????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Rattea
    StHelierRAM that is a fact. now if the fact suits others it will be received differently. That one most will be happy with but if you said if we lose we could drop to 8th you would probably be attacked for being negative

Mickleover_Ram - you are interpreting there has been an improvement. But what from? From Jewell or the PL season or what? If you you are going to interpret what are you basing your measure of improvement against??????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????
    I have argued with you before about manipulating stats to suit your agenda! There's not a form table in the country that uses five games or includes a cup game against a team in the league above!

In terms of measuring improvement..(not counting Ipswich)

Clough 11 points from 9 games. 1.22 points a game
    McClaren 32 points from 14 games. 2.28 points a game
    1.06 more points a game. Improvement!

Pro Rata for the season
    Clough 56

Quote Originally Posted by Sma11ytheRam

I have argued with you before about manipulating stats to suit your agenda! There's not a form table in the country that uses five games or includes a cup game against a team in the league above!

In terms of measuring improvement..(not counting Ipswich)

Clough 11 points from 9 games. 1.22 points a game
    McClaren 32 points from 14 games. 2.28 points a game
    1.06 more points a game

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)