+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Allegiance

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Queen Camilla......Part Two

"I had the then Duchess to thank for helping to salvage my first, unscheduled, meeting with the King. On a visit to Morocco the royal couple popped into a tiny gift shop where Camilla wanted to pick up some souvenirs for her grandchildren, and as the designated royal rota reporter for that part of their day I went in with them, encouraged by their staff. Inevitably, in a space that only had room for about six people at a pinch, I found myself face to face with Charles, who sized me up for a moment and then asked, with a hint of suspicion, who I was. To my relief the Duchess vouched for me, saying: “Darling, haven’t you met Gordon? He works for The Telegraph.” The then Prince of Wales softened, and shook my hand.

Much is made of the fact that the Queen Consort only became a member of the Royal family at the age of 57, meaning she can relate to members of the public in a way that no one who is born royal can match. And while that is entirely true, it is not a given. There are plenty of upper crust or wealthy people who are far less “normal” than she is, and plenty of husbands and wives who have turned their back on their past when they make a leap up the social ladder.

“I’m not going to call it the common touch,” says a friend, “because that would be patronising, it’s more that she has an ability to connect with people across the whole of society – the intelligentsia, the literati, the countryside people, everyone.” Part of the reason people take to her is that she refuses to take herself too seriously, and that is one of the keys to understanding who she really is."

Let me say Oh! F*ck me and pass me a sick bag.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    ??

Not by my. She didn't deserve to die but she was far from being a saint.
    The last time me and the wife were in London we walked through Hyde Park and wove our way towards Kensington Palace and people were still laying flowers in her memory and that was in 2023 k_c. It amazes me it really does.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Let me say Oh! F*ck me and pass me a sick bag.
    The more I find out about her and the more I'm liking her, let's say if I had to choose someone to take as a pillion passenger on a motorbike tour of Germany, I think I'd prefer Camilla to the thick as mince, anti-Semitic Abbopotamus.

The Royal Bike on a Bike Tour sounds spot on mon ami.

Would that make her a Camillion?

The Royal Bike on a Bike Tour sounds spot on mon ami.
    Back in the day I wouldn't have minded riding the Tour de France with Camilla, but sadly, like me, I think she's a bit worse for wear now.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    ??

Not by my. She didn't deserve to die but she was far from being a saint.
    That makes two of us, K-c. She had an agenda and worked it for all she was worth. That doesn’t make her a bad person, but I don’t think that she was the innocent, «*English Rose*» that people made her out to be.

I will never be convinced that the red-headed twerp, Harry, was sired by King Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    That makes two of us, K-c. She had an agenda and worked it for all she was worth. That doesn’t make her a bad person, but I don’t think that she was the innocent, «*English Rose*» that people made her out to be.

I will never be convinced that the red-headed twerp, Harry, was sired by King Charles.
    In all probability he wasn't k-c...

Attachment 24088

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    My main interest will be to see and hear Sub's erstwhile colleagues, I love the military bands on occasions such as these. Sheer perfection, they never let us down.
    I don't know why Jimmy's lad is even bothering to turn up. Might he be seeing his dad?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...fc377f5c&ei=11

Attachment 24090

I don't know why Jimmy's lad is even bothering to turn up. Might he be seeing his dad?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...fc377f5c&ei=11

Attachment 24090
    No idea mon ami, not interested in the guest list, it's the ceremony, the pageantry that I like, I couldn't give a FF who's attending, or why.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)