+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Maxwell Cornet

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    General concensus amongst the refereeing fraternity is that it was a definite penalty and VAR should not have got involved at all.
    I've heard the same thing Sub, he made himself bigger or some such nonsense, so it was a penalty. In this case I should not be moaning about Oliver, who was only officiating according to the directives he'd been given, my ire should be reserved for the cretins that decided a ball hitting a defenders arm, when blasted against it from point blank range, and he could do nothing about it, is worth a goal to the opposition. Totally insane. And if anyone suggests Kelly blocked that ball with his arm deliberately, then he should be given a keeper's jersey and immediately replace Nick Pope in the England squad.

The handball situation has been a mess for years, and every time they tinker with it they manage to make it worse. Why is the beautiful game run by cretins, it's not a requirement or obligatory is it ?

Any idea who the VAR official was Sub, who decided that wasn't a pen ? I want to send him a msg of congratulations, he's a beacon of light in a sea of darkness. One ref who didn't want to play by their silly rules and used his common sense. I expect he could be demoted or banned though, for his heresy.

sinkov, the VAR was Graeme Scott, the cretin that let Lincoln kick the hell out of us a few years ago in the Cup lol.
    Talking about the handball situation being a mess for years brings to mind 17 November 2012 when, in the 15th minute, Kieran Trippier was moving along the goal line with his arms donw by his side and sideways to the play when a Charlton player shot, the ball hit Tripps arm and Bobby Madley gave a penalty and dismissed Tripps. Almost 10 years ago ---the mind boggles!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    sinkov, the VAR was Graeme Scott, the cretin that let Lincoln kick the hell out of us a few years ago in the Cup lol.
    But fair dos Sub, he didn't give any dubious handball penalties against us did he ? Anyway I've put him on my list of good referees, it's not a long list, in fact since Mike Dean retired there's been no one on it. Well done Mr Scott a proper referee, I won't hear a word against him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)