+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The 'all new' Forest

Lets not carried away with regards to karankas start. If i remember correctly he started slowly when he was hired half way through the season at boro, but he turned them into the most solid team in the league and eventually promotion,, they always had us well contained under him. It was when he took them up he was found wanting, you need a bit more in the premiership. Although he was bullied into signing jordon rhodes, i never thought he was a karanka type tbh, goal hanging and lazy, which was the opposite of boro at the time, they were hard working, well drilled and solid.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Lets not carried away with regards to karankas start. If i remember correctly he started slowly when he was hired half way through the season at boro, but he turned them into the most solid team in the league and eventually promotion,, they always had us well contained under him. It was when he took them up he was found wanting, you need a bit more in the premiership. Although he was bullied into signing jordon rhodes, i never thought he was a karanka type tbh, goal hanging and lazy, which was the opposite of boro at the time, they were hard working, well drilled and solid.
    For once Dcfc, I hope you're right

Wouldn’t worry Rom. You’re not going up or down this season...time for him to build a decent squad for next season, though hopefully not for five weeks time.

We've signed Ben Watson today.
    Actually looking at the team now, it's really quite good. Of course it'll probably take another 2 weeks before we see some understanding and cohesion.
    But there's 1 drawback, a number of these players are on loan. Given that our only target is to stay up, which would seem a certainty now, the question is what about next season.
    He'll need to sign some of the loanees. I don't know whether that's going to work out.
    The likelihood is that we'll eventually click some games down the road and maybe finish better than where we are now (16th), but come next season, the team has to be re-assembled all over again and again will need say 7-10 games before we can perform to his expectations.
    The problem being if we struggle, will our Greek owner not panic and press the trigger.
    For this to work, Karanka needs the whole of next season and the first half of the following. Only then, should any decision be made , if it's not working. Will he be given this amount of time.
    I'm afraid he won't.

I suppose the same applies to you too. Supposing by bad luck you narrowly fail at autos and lose in the play-offs and start next season a little slower or worse of than this season, will your owners stick with Rowett?
    Every 'medium to big' championship club owner expects promotion and will wield the axe if those dreams don't materialise.

Not being funny here Romanis but has your greek owner got too much of a say in who you sign, i see now your linked with a 32 year old spanish defender who last played for a greek club

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Not being funny here Romanis but has your greek owner got too much of a say in who you sign, i see now your linked with a 32 year old spanish defender who last played for a greek club

I don't think he does, this Garrido chap is apparently someone known to Karanka.
    But he was a-ok at City although 1 does wonder if signing a 32 year old defender is a wise choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    I don't think he does, this Garrido chap is apparently someone known to Karanka.
    But he was a-ok at City although 1 does wonder if signing a 32 year old defender is a wise choice?
    anyone is better than Matt Mills.

Being spanish i figured Karanka might know of him but then to read his last club was Greek side AEK Larnaca who he left last summer and has not played since, it makes you wonder who suggested him, your owner or Karanka

Quote Originally Posted by es***red52 View Post
    anyone is better than Matt Mills.

Mills oh God no.
    I'm still puzzled how the **** Danny Fox is not only still with us and actually starting games?

As for Stenny's question, I think they probably have a few scouts in Greece courtesy of his other club. We were interested in a Swedish defender at Panathinaikos but that fell through.
    I don't think he's making decisions for Karanka, more of, 'hey our Greek club's scouts noticed 1 or 2 players, you might be interested in.'

I was more surprised when he signed that Iranian striker, I thought that was the work of the Greek owner, only to find out it was somebody Karanka fancied.

There's more talk of Forest on this board than their own??? Talking of Forest, anyone heard if Tricky is OK? I've missed his posts!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)