+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In which universe..?

He keeps on playing "Sideways" Henderson too, Old Bob goes mental every time he sees Henderson in an England shirt.

Matt Law in the Telegraph has picked up on the 'confusion' as well.

"It was confusing that with all the talent in the country, players like Mason Greenwood, Harvey Barnes and James Ward-Prowse were watching from home while England had three right-backs on the pitch for more than an hour on Sunday."

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    They are indeed, they would even have won the Euros for him if he hadn't chosen kids to do a man's job with the penalties. I wonder how many of them on the halfway line were thinking 'WTF' as that debacle unfolded ? Just as thousands in the stands and millions watching on TV were.
    Rashford, Sancho and Saka took all the abuse while the man (Southgate) who masterminded what BT would undoubtedly call the total sh*tshow of a penalty shootout was feted as a hero in the press.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Pickford has played 38 full games for England, has 19 clean sheets and has conceded 29 goals and that is why he is England's keeper.
    Nick has only conceded 1 goal in 7 matches and nobody can argue against that record, however, his injury did him no favours at all and it appears that Gareth is reticent to give him more game time, although from what I have heard, last night would not have been much use in any case.
    Pickford has never had a bad game for England, Southgate will not drop him, there is no reason to. All the rest of it is fluff.

If it such a problem finding a left back to cover for Shaw, I would give Charlie Taylor a chance. Aggressive going forwards, does not look to move inside, puts in some good crosses and is a good defender - gets back, has positional sense and appears to stay calm in the penalty box.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    If it such a problem finding a left back to cover for Shaw, I would give Charlie Taylor a chance. Aggressive going forwards, does not look to move inside, puts in some good crosses and is a good defender - gets back, has positional sense and appears to stay calm in the penalty box.
    I hate to disagree with you Swissclaret but Chilwell is at least 3 x times better than Charlie.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I hate to disagree with you Swissclaret but Chilwell is at least 3 x times better than Charlie.
    Chilwell is a very good left back and he plays for Chelsea, therefore, he will always come into the reckoning before Charlie, who only plays for the Clarets.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    But if Chilwell is unavailable then Taylor is probably a better option than Trippier, worth a try at least, epecially against the equivalent of a pub team, but not in Gareth World. Of course, if you want to set world records for playing the ball back into your own half, what's not to like about Kieran at left back?

...does a UK Prime Minister break his major election pledge?

Are there any simple souls out there who still believe election pledges ? Surely not ?

An election pledge has about as much worth as a pledge from Americans to invest in a football team they've just bought. No one with any sense would believe either.
    Last edited by sinkov; 08-09-2021 at 01:51 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)