+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tonight we celebrate

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    I don't think so, but give me 5 mins to correct the typos before you quote me.
    Keep up......we are in Meltdown Mode....no time for gypos!

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Weird huh.....guys celebrating a Notts defeat ****ing pathetic bedwetters
    What's weird is that you think anyone is celebrating. Please correct me if anyone has said they are.

Then again, why let little things like facts get in the way of yet another good old drama queen rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Who is this 5hey basterd? Seems to me that as soon as Hewitt came on, we lost 2 goals. Coincidence, or is he part of the problem?
    Damned iPad - for “Shey basterd” read “they started”!

I thought Husin faded badly (he seemed to be limping at the start of the second half), but Hewitt failed to impose himself in midfield when he came on. I still want to believe he can be an effective player in the middle of the park, but he’s got to get more involved and influence proceedings.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    What's weird is that you think anyone is celebrating. Please correct me if anyone has said they are.

Then again, why let little things like facts get in the way of yet another good old drama queen rant.
    You did your normal "I'm not really happy about it BUT"......EXACTLY THE SAME AS WHEN YOU PUT MONEY ON US TO BE RELEGATED...."I'm not really happy about it BUT, I STAND TO MAKE £300!!" ...................it's ****ing weird.

There were 70 fans that made the trip, 4 hours round-trip journey?...maybe 60 0r 70 more that spent money online?....then you come on whilst Charlie and Stall and Kewell are all analysing the game, BECAUSE WE WERE TRYING TO WIN.....but you state "Not celebrating, but not disappointed for once. The positive is that we are a bit nearer exiting this farcical competition.

So you are basically spitting in the face of everyone else that actually cares...it's weird that's all....and no I'm not being a drama queen

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    You did your normal "I'm not really happy about it BUT"......EXACTLY THE SAME AS WHEN YOU PUT MONEY ON US TO BE RELEGATED...."I'm not really happy about it BUT, I STAND TO MAKE £300!!" ...................it's ****ing weird.
    It's ****ing weird to anyone too stupid to understand it. You've shown many times you belong in that category.

I'm not disappointed because I hate, loathe and despise this competition with a passion due to the introduction of Greed League B teams. I've joined many fans the length and breadth of the country in boycotting it. Have you ever attended a Pisspot trophy game? I used to go to home games, and it was more like a pre-season friendly than a football match. We would have one stand open and 20% of our normal gate producing the atmosphere of a morgue because most people didn't give a sh!t about it. What you mistakenly see as spitting in faces is in my case standing up for principles. I see the B team thing as step one towards getting Premiership B teams in the Football League. It is an utterly meaningless competition where we risk injuries and suspensions for no good reason. When Big Al asked the fans around 90% said we should have nothing to do with it. He ignored our wishes and voted in favour simply because the Greed League threw a few crumbs from the top table. I can only repeat that the sooner we are out of it the better in my opinion.

It's ****ing weird to anyone too stupid to understand it. You've shown many times you belong in that category.

I'm not disappointed because I hate, loathe and despise this competition with a passion due to the introduction of Greed League B teams. I've joined many fans the length and breadth of the country in boycotting it. Have you ever attended a Pisspot trophy game? I used to go to home games, and it was more like a pre-season friendly than a football match. We would have one stand open and 20% of our normal gate producing the atmosphere of a morgue because most people didn't give a sh!t about it. What you mistakenly see as spitting in faces is in my case standing up for principles. I see the B team thing as step one towards getting Premiership B teams in the Football League. It is an utterly meaningless competition where we risk injuries and suspensions for no good reason. When Big Al asked the fans around 90% said we should have nothing to do with it. He ignored our wishes and voted in favour simply because the Greed League threw a few crumbs from the top table. I can only repeat that the sooner we are out of it the better in my opinion.
    Agree entirely.

Well said and you are 100% correct. It’s a complete and utter farce of a competition and the less we have to do with it the better.

It was bad enough before but since the introduction of Premier League B teams it has made a mockery of lower league football clubs.

That is why I also have boycotted going to these games. They are meaningless and nobody takes them seriously.

All tonight was is a pre-season friendly.

Those of us who think like this cannot be in the minority as attendances at grounds for this competition are embarrassing and laughable for professional clubs playing in a joke of a cup.

Check Out Trade Trophy is what it should be called as it’s not wanted by many.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 04-09-2018 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Agree entirely.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Check Out Trade Trophy is what it should be called as it’s not wanted by many.
    I always liked "The Checkabetrayed Trophy" insult. If people want to support the competition then that's up to them, but I just can't stand the idea of Man United B replacing a real football club in the fixture list.

I always liked "The Checkabetrayed Trophy" insult. If people want to support the competition then that's up to them, but I just can't stand the idea of Man United B replacing a real football club in the fixture list.
    Exactly this. We are fortunate enough in this country to have a very healthily populated football pyramid, more established and bigger than anywhere else with unrivalled history. Having premier league B teams playing in the football league at the expense of another club is just abhorrent and an affront to every club and supporter in this country.

My old man is Spanish, family from Madrid so naturally as with Notts I chose to show an interest in Atletico Madrid over Real Madrid. Atletico have on occassion found themselves in the Spanish second division and faced with Barcelona's B team for example. How ridiculous is that? The only saving grace I believe is that the B teams are not allowed promotion to La Liga.

Drop down to their third division and it is littered with B teams. Either way it is just wrong, there are some cracking little clubs around Spain with fantastic facilities and fans who are being denied the opportunity to compete at a higher level. If that happens here it won't be long before clubs like Notts will find themselves scrapping it out in the National leagues!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123