+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 📝Stuart Maynard appointed

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    As long as he doesn't ask the team to express themselves or be the best they can be I will be happy.

In all seriousness I didn't expect anything much different and this further cements how we are run. The club is a sum of its parts not dependent on one part. So it is perfectly fine not to be overwhelmed by the appointment. I'm not but I also know I won't be massively under whelmed as we won't lose 10 on the bounce like we did with Sheridan. As the club can now make appointments in most positions without too much upheaval. Looking forward to who we can bring in, in the what's left of the transfer window and good luck to this fella.
    It’s a great appointment. Fantastic football brain, brilliant assistants and will keep the entertaining football going. Another incoming player to be announced tomorrow

I wonder if he'll bring his 'firm'?

Name:  The_Wealdstone_Raider.jpeg
Views: 1285
Size:  29.2 KB

I'm quite hopeful, he's done pretty well at Wealdstone all things considered.

Combine his philosophy with the higher quality players he has here too.

Can players like Crowley (ex-Arsenal), Bostock (ex-Tottenham), Jodi, Didzy etc be told how to play football by a management team whose careers peaked at Aylesbury and Hemel Hempstead Town? Genuine question. The new team are going to walk on to that training ground tomorrow and see players who reached levels they could only dream of

At least IB brought Ross (ex-Rangers) along with him, then Doyle. And LW brought along Ryan Harley.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    I wonder if he'll bring his 'firm'?

Name:  The_Wealdstone_Raider.jpeg
Views: 1285
Size:  29.2 KB
    Well as long as Maynard wants sum I will be happy. even better if he gives it ya to Stockport.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Can players like Crowley (ex-Arsenal), Bostock (ex-Tottenham), Jodi, Didzy etc be told how to play football by a management team whose careers peaked at Aylesbury and Hemel Hempstead Town? Genuine question. The new team are going to walk on to that training ground tomorrow and see players who reached levels they could only dream of

At least IB brought Ross (ex-Rangers) along with him, then Doyle. And LW brought along Ryan Harley.
    Ryan Harley? Woohoo!,

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    Agree especially with a 30% win rate��*♂️
    Get behind him though you never know.
    Better than Luke Williams 26% at his only other head coach job though. I wonder whatever happened to him eh

I must say I'm quite surprised by this appointment but having read that the brothers have been following his progress for quite a while I'm sure they know what they're doing.

It's not about that though is it bud. Calling Crowley and Bostock ex prem players is a bit flattering to them and Didzy is here for the club not the money I think we all know that. Nothing to see here. Would you rather Warnock turned up and told them to die for the shirt or something along those lines? At 37 I can't see Didzy buying into that!

Yeah Ross and Doyle, great careers but were useless coaches.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast