+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warne's opinion on Vaulks' red

No worse than Ihiekwe's lunge on Forestieri the other week. Sometimes you get away with them, not today though.

Foriestieri deserves it as he's not entirely an honest player with his theatrics.

Don't think the SUFC player tries to deceive referees

A mate of mine who is normally down to earth said that it was a straight red and was sat right in front of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I know you love to have a dig at Warne in every post you make but please tell me you don't honestly believe that if he picks Towell in front of Crooks it's because he's his mate?

Not really, I think Warne is doing a good job under the circumstances, but for me he is too close to “the lads”

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    A mate of mine who is normally down to earth said that it was a straight red and was sat right in front of it.
    Yes a friend of mine who is a fair minded Blade said the tackle was right in front of where he sits and it was a straight red. He also said it spoilt the game though.
    I don't think Vaulks can have any complaints as he caused the initial problem and then launched himself into a tackle to try and rectify it.
    If we're honest we would have been screaming for a red card if a tackle like that had been made against one of our players.
    Anyway it's gone now, time to move on and for one of our other midfielders to step up and show they deserve to keep the shirt.

Couldn't really tell from where I was sat whether it was a red card or not but first impression was a yellow.
    Having seen it on telly, I think it's a home yellow and away red, because for me if he'd made that tackle at home he'd have got a yellow. However it was a STUPID tackle to make in a neutral area of the pitch at the time we very very much on top, and Vaulks was a big part of that driving us forward. I honestly was thinking the equaliser wasn't long coming but his rash challenge changed all that.
    Another worrying thing was that after the sending off we never looked like scoring, even the odd free kick or corner we never looked like getting on the end of em, and WTF was wrong with newell? With around 20 mins left we had a corner at 1-0 down and he's f*****g strolling with the ball to take the corner, and not long after he was subbed and couldn't have taken more time to get off the pitch if he tried, he was either injured or he was sulking.
    Anyway Duffy totally ran the show after the red card and it will be interesting to see what team he picks at QPR, we've had better days but it could have been worse had Millwall won UTM.

Give me slow motion replays any day over a mate sat in the crowd watching it in real time.

Never a red card.

Was your mate in the crowd one of the many blades fans that lacked any reaction to the tackle, along with players from both teams. If it was such a bad tackle you normally get fans screaming and players squaring up.

Now the knockhart tackle for Brighton, that was a red card. He purposely goes over the ball into Milosevic. Vaulks is trying to block the pass down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Was your mate in the crowd one of the many blades fans that lacked any reaction to the tackle, along with players from both teams. If it was such a bad tackle you normally get fans screaming and players squaring up.

Now the knockhart tackle for Brighton, that was a red card. He purposely goes over the ball into Milosevic. Vaulks is trying to block the pass down the line.
    I also got a text from a blades fan mate of mine. He too said that it was stupid and unnecessary and came at a time when Rotherham were getting on top.

Vaulks in every game sails close to the wind with his challenges, it was only a matter of time before a ref took a dislike to his “style”

I thought at the time ‘he’s off’ since seeing the replays I think he’s been unlucky, but I don’t blame the ref, he only gets the one view.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast