+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New parking restrictions around Tannadice on match days.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Like i said above though, i am not convinced that future restrictions in N Isla Street are anything to do with the Permit Scheme and more towards safety concerns.
    Maybe but it's a very wide road and, even with cars parked both sides, two cars would be able to travel in opposite directions past each other so I don't really get that.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Definitely seems like they've made a James Blunt of it. North Isla St has no residential properties yet they've restricted blue badge holders to one side of the street. The other side is closed off.

There are businesses within the zone who are being forced to park elsewhere. They can't apply for permits.

They have also only sign posted the entrance point around the perimeter of the parking zone. The individual streets within the zone have no warning signs. This is going to catch loads of people out, especially away fans. DCC probably know this though.
    On the face of it, yes they are making a right Noel Hunt of it, but if you separate N Isla Street from the Permit Scheme and look at it from a safety angle, then i can see why this is happening.

I would like to question though, how many of the businesses around N Isla Street are open evenings and weekends? And are you sure they cant provide their details to DCC to allow them to park in the area?

Marking the perimeter is something i thought about as well, but the signs are pretty clear. The council though should also be looking at and directing people to alternative parking, such as the old Co-op on Mains Road.

There is a gym in one of the old mills in North Isla Street. It's always been open when I've parked there last season.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Maybe but it's a very wide road and, even with cars parked both sides, two cars would be able to travel in opposite directions past each other so I don't really get that.
    Something i just thought about was the busses parking the next street down and plans for the ex-Hydro Building(pub?). Maybe their parking zone is being moved?

There is a gym in one of the old mills in North Isla Street. It's always been open when I've parked there last season.
    Could they have put a claim on some spaces?

Could they have put a claim on some spaces?
    I don't know the exact rules but it wouldn't surprise me to hear they can't. Evenings and weekends are more likely to be their busy times too.

Something i just thought about was the busses parking the next street down and plans for the ex-Hydro Building(pub?). Maybe their parking zone is being moved?
    I don't see why buses would be allowed to park in the restricted zone when no one else can. Don't think I seen anything about that anyway.

I don't see why buses would be allowed to park in the restricted zone when no one else can. Don't think I seen anything about that anyway.
    Because the away busses already have the designated parking point which i believe has been Neish Street for as long as ive been a supporter. As such, they are not the problem, its all you feckers in cars home and away fae ootside the permit zone that cause the problems!

On the face of it, yes they are making a right Noel Hunt of it, but if you separate N Isla Street from the Permit Scheme and look at it from a safety angle, then i can see why this is happening.

I would like to question though, how many of the businesses around N Isla Street are open evenings and weekends? And are you sure they cant provide their details to DCC to allow them to park in the area?

Marking the perimeter is something i thought about as well, but the signs are pretty clear. The council though should also be looking at and directing people to alternative parking, such as the old Co-op on Mains Road.
    100% certain mate. Businesses are not permitted to use the streets in the permit zone.

Home helps and carers are also being given the big FY. Must park outside the permit zone.

The signs are clear, if you actually look up and see them. You know what it's like trying to find a space at the football though. You could easily drive down Arkley St, miss the sign at the top as you try to navigate traffic at the junction, and before you know it, you've parked in an excluded zone. The signs should be at the start of every street in the zone.

Buses are still getting to park on Neish St.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)