+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kioso to leave the Millers

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Humphreys Teihi next then up market a notch or two for signings to complete squad.
    Then Ollie, Haks... see if we can move JCH on, Raggett, James, Rafferty... get 'em all out for a fee, and start again.

Could we get a few quid for SE...? Maybe even TS? Sod it, sell the away end and use all that money to upgrade everything.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Humphreys Teihi next then up market a notch or two for signings to complete squad.
    Why are you so desperate for us to sell those two?

By the way, check out the new signing your mate Steve has just made, you’ll be over the moon with it.

Quote Originally Posted by millersmadman View Post
    Another one mismanaged by Matt Taylor. Would have been an asset but as soon as Rafferty came in it became pretty academic that he'd be gone because he isn't starting over Rafferty. Feel for the player (although he hasn't always acted as professional as he should have). Seems like a break would be good for all parties.
    Hmm.. not sure about the mismanaged bit. Kioso was recruited by Warne and then got injured. The club had to get in a replacement for Kioso and it was unknown how long he would need to recover. When he fit get over his injury the club was left with an inflated wage bill so it would have made sense to get Kioso out to a club that would contribute to his wages. Had Warne still been there perhaps there would have been more resistance to such a move but basically Kioso was left with a manager that hadn't signed him and maybe didn't rate him.

Either way overall it looked like a decent plan under the circumstances

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Why are you so desperate for us to sell those two?

By the way, check out the new signing your mate Steve has just made, you’ll be over the moon with it.

Average age getting funny now.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Hmm.. not sure about the mismanaged bit. Kioso was recruited by Warne and then got injured. The club had to get in a replacement for Kioso and it was unknown how long he would need to recover. When he fit get over his injury the club was left with an inflated wage bill so it would have made sense to get Kioso out to a club that would contribute to his wages. Had Warne still been there perhaps there would have been more resistance to such a move but basically Kioso was left with a manager that hadn't signed him and maybe didn't rate him.

Either way overall it looked like a decent plan under the circumstances
    Wow. That's a long thread for you grist.
    People think your just a clown making funny remarks all the time. I knew you were an intelligent man

I know Evans has said he wants to bring the average age of the squad down and yes we probably do need to on the other hand you do need a bit of experience and if that means signing a 34 year old so be it
    The problem I have is last season half the squad were 30+ but their fitness attitude whatever was a joke if Macdonald played 30+ games then that’s ok a certain Mr Wood managed it

I agree. Age is a number. Appearances are what count. We've seen enough sicknote 20somethings in the past couple of years...

Happy with both signings.
    Luckily our manager knows what he’s doing.
    Unlike some previous managers.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I did mention this a few weeks ago about the possibility of him leaving as he wasn't settled since his return from Peterborough.

Reports today say that two CHAMPIONSHIP clubs have tabled bids for his service ranging between £600 - 700K. That counts Posh out of the running then.

Further reporting says the offers for Kioso are now sitting with the board for consideration.

I'm not surprised on anything regarding this. Kioso always stated he wanted to go back to Posh and get away from our club.

How badly did Taylor damage the bond between Kioso and RUFC? Two Managers in Richardson and Evans have shown him respect and played him where they could but alas, it hasn't worked.
    Apparently it's not as high as the figures quoted of £600 - 700k, these are the add on prices quoted.

Didn't we pay Luton £300k for him? I may be wrong on all counts but, if we did we've made a small profit on him anyway so no love lost and I simply cannot be doing with a player who wants away....got JCR written all over it, good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Apparently it's not as high as the figures quoted of £600 - 700k, these are the add on prices quoted.

Didn't we pay Luton £300k for him? I may be wrong on all counts but, if we did we've made a small profit on him anyway so no love lost and I simply cannot be doing with a player who wants away....got JCR written all over it, good riddance.
    Both Evans and the tizer quoted as saying a big profit on him, so what that figure is gowd knows..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast