+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nervous

Don't forget to save a cheer for Weymouth. Never thought I would say that before, but there is still the 4th place possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    Don't forget to save a cheer for Weymouth. Never thought I would say that before, but there is still the 4th place possibility.
    I would rather finish 5th. Torquay away will be a slightly easier task than Stockport away IMO. That would be academic if we lose the QF though.

Reasons to be cheerful: We’re playing excellent football and there’s now a week between each game, so plenty of recovery time. The players genuinely seem to be enjoying their football - so refreshing to see, long may that continue.

There’s always an element of chance to the playoffs (the penalty and “offside” goal against Coventry; the no shows against Bradford and Harrogate), but all I care about is that we do ourselves justice. If we do that, it’s either going to have to be a very good team or bad luck that defeats us.

Not really bother who we play as long as we are at home.

If we avoid the possibility of Stockport in the semi, I think they will get to the final anyway, so to win the play-offs would mean beating them at some stage.

Are Wrexham going to be allowed fans as im sure Wales doesnt allow them ???

I wouldnt say im nervous i'd rather be in the play offs than not but you can never count your chickens.

Most teams will be nervous its worse for Torquay after getting so close but just missing out.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Are Wrexham going to be allowed fans as im sure Wales doesnt allow them ???

I wouldnt say im nervous i'd rather be in the play offs than not but you can never count your chickens.

Most teams will be nervous its worse for Torquay after getting so close but just missing out.
    You can apply to get fans in. Newport and Swansea were granted permission and had fans at their playoff game.

We're the team to be feared by everyone else. We're in form and on fire.
    However, as Notts fans, we know better than to count our magpies early!!!
    I'd like to see JohnnyT1 on here lamenting on how Notts will lose in the playoffs, then I'll sleep a little better! LOL

Massive game Saturday for me, 4th place, a home tie with the crowd in would be a big help.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieGuy View Post
    We're the team to be feared by everyone else. We're in form and on fire.
    However, as Notts fans, we know better than to count our magpies early!!!
    I'd like to see JohnnyT1 on here lamenting on how Notts will lose in the playoffs, then I'll sleep a little better! LOL
    We'd all like to see that

The next best is we've not read much from durhampie during the past month so that means we must be in really good form and playing well lol.

It’s funny how some are fearful of Wrexham. A team we have beaten twice, without conceding. So I thought I would remind my self how we got on against our potential playoff QF opponents

Wrexham won both games 1-0
    Chesterfield away teams won both. We won 3-2 and lost 1-0.
    Eastleigh did the double over us and we didn’t score. 1-0 and 2-0.
    Halifax we lose 2-1 at home and drew 1-1 away.
    Bromley drew 2-2 at hone with the away tie to go.

When I look at that I hope we finish 5th and play Wrexham. Or we blob and play away as it seems on the results this season that would suit us better.
    Of course many of those games were pre IB or IB in transition.

I don’t think we should get carried away with the who our opponents are as they ALL have proven themselves against us and in this league, not forgetting their is literally a couple of points between them all.

I’m in the camp of play as we have we should have too much. COYP’s

An

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast