+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: who will be left to sign

another name...

Macheda, forward just been released by Cardiff - knocked a few in on loan at Brum couple of seasons back...

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    another name...

Macheda, forward just been released by Cardiff - knocked a few in on loan at Brum couple of seasons back...
    Actually thought about this one myself earlier when i found out he left Cardiff, can hold the ball and decent enough at finishing but his work rate seems a bit poor whenever ive seen him but if gets the goals who cares. I reckon he would have to take a cut in wages if he came but he can only say yes or no, probably worth asking.

Could be a good shout they have mutually cancelled his contract which suggests he is off somewhere, Got to be better than Madine.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Ah happy days and we had a team then that would take this league by storm and 10 times better than than one we have now.Was the 1-0 win at Oakwell the game where a certain Mr Moore wore a policemans helmet and conducted your fans in a sing song animal?

Well my memory of Ronnie and his love affair with us Tykes began after your 2-0 win at Millmoor in September 1980 , I believe Ronnie notched his first goal for you and your second that day .

Now having enjoyed the plaudits from the Millmoor faithful up the tunnel at the side of us tykes he went with a few " well done Ronnie " no doubt from us fair minded Dingles , he must have become overwhelmed at our sporting gesture and preceded to come back down the tunnel and celebrate some more , we of course lapped it up , a 2-0 derby defeat to your South Yorkshire rivals tends to do that .

The rest as they say is history .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Well my memory of Ronnie and his love affair with us Tykes began after your 2-0 win at Millmoor in September 1980 , I believe Ronnie notched his first goal for you and your second that day .

Now having enjoyed the plaudits from the Millmoor faithful up the tunnel at the side of us tykes he went with a few " well done Ronnie " no doubt from us fair minded Dingles , he must have become overwhelmed at our sporting gesture and preceded to come back down the tunnel and celebrate some more , we of course lapped it up , a 2-0 derby defeat to your South Yorkshire rivals tends to do that .

The rest as they say is history .
    pretty good memory you've got - most of us need Wikepedia or Google of a similar age!

Tony Towner was a great player , socks rolled down jinking down the wing , he could cross a ball and then some , Rodney Fern too was a good un with Stancliffe at the back with Brechin , good side indeed and that period for both clubs was fantastic if over rather two quickly .

Once Aylott departed we were never the same and I seemed to remember you were relegated in your second season which surprised a lot of tykes .

You must be in your mid to late 50's? You had Ronnie Glavin didn't you? Scottish lad and a handy goalscorer as well? Derrick Parker in midfield - and Ian Banks? (who later played for us, along with his lad, Ollie Banks later on...)

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    pretty good memory you've got - most of us need Wikepedia or Google of a similar age!

Aye well I can remember games from 36 years ago no problem but some of the recent stuff is a different story , mind you those Tykes v Millers games were very keenly contested at that time , great contests .

The 4-2 game at Millmoor is legendary this side of Wath , still got it somewhere on VHS with Martin Tyler doing the commentary .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Tony Towner was a great player , socks rolled down jinking down the wing , he could cross a ball and then some , Rodney Fern too was a good un with Stancliffe at the back with Brechin , good side indeed and that period for both clubs was fantastic if over rather two quickly .

Once Aylott departed we were never the same and I seemed to remember you were relegated in your second season which surprised a lot of tykes .
    True, and had we taken 4pts off you in 81/2 instead of 0pts we would have made it to the promised land. I blame Ian Banks

When Aylott came back to Oakwell with Bournemouth my cousin was getting ready to go to the game to see him and his girlfriend told him it's Trevor Aylott or me. The rest they say is history

VHS - blimey - get it on EBay, it'll be worth a small fortune!

Have a friend who put an original IBM PC in good working condition into an auction last year and I was staggered at how much that went for...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast