+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The DM reminiscing zone

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Bizarre. Why on earth would you not use your subs? There was only 1 minute of added time. He could have staggered his 3 subs and clinched 2nd place.

Clear free kick but my point stands.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    He always seemed to think he was too good to need to use subs to run down the clock. That game at pittodrie when motherwell pipped us to 2nd always bugged me.

Any other manager would have used up his subs in the last couple of minutes to break up play and run down the clock but not our DM. Of course they go on and get a winner a minute in to added time.

Now I always remember DM hadn't used all his subs but trying to find the stats of that game I don't think he had made any subs at all in the whole game.
    Don't think you can blame McInnes for that one. That hun prick McLean allowing an assault on our keeper was to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Don't think you can blame McInnes for that one. That hun prick McLean allowing an assault on our keeper was to blame.
    Always someone else to blame

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Always someone else to blame
    Laugh all you like but to anyone other than a blind hun that was a foul, bordering on an assault.

Laugh all you like but to anyone other than a blind hun that was a foul, bordering on an assault.
    Maybe he should have had us out trying to win the game, at home, on the last game of the season.

My favourite memory of the DMcI era will be of the privilage of being part of the 43,000 Dons fans at Parkred. Could have been even more if we'd been given more tickets too.

This shortly after some really poor seasons, the fans were galvenised and united to see our club do well. It felt great taking over Glasgow with so many reds about. (won't mention the game!)

I've always thought it interesting that we took so many (and could have been more) because we weren't playing the old scum. Many families were there. You don't see that so much when the old scum are in town. The SFA, SPFL & Police should think about that rather than pander to the cheeks.

I've said that it was a clear foul but are you telling me if you were in DM's position, last game of the season and all you need is a point to finish 2nd and the assistant referee has held up the board with 1 minute to play you wouldn't make a change...or 2....or 3?

Maybe he should have had us out trying to win the game, at home, on the last game of the season.
    Are you suggesting it wasn't a foul? Hardly McInnes' fault the ref was biased.
    I've seen plenty of criticism on here of his substitute making, too early, game management etc. But that seems to be exactly what you are calling for. He'd have been slaughtered if he'd lost a goal in such circumstances. If he'd put on an extra forward he'd have been slaughtered for losing a goal. Either way in the blinkered narrative that McInnes was a crap manager he'd have been slaughtered.

The blame lies squately on the man that didn't do his job, not McInnes but McLean.

Are you suggesting it wasn't a foul? Hardly McInnes' fault the ref was biased.
    I've seen plenty of criticism on here of his substitute making, too early, game management etc. But that seems to be exactly what you are calling for. He'd have been slaughtered if he'd lost a goal in such circumstances. If he'd put on an extra forward he'd have been slaughtered for losing a goal. Either way in the blinkered narrative that McInnes was a crap manager he'd have been slaughtered.

The blame lies squately on the man that didn't do his job, not McInnes but McLean.
    McInnes didn't do his job. The blame lies squately with the manager.

McInnes didn't do his job. The blame lies squately with the manager.
    There's nowt as blin as those that winna see.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast