+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can I be honest ?

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    we will get relagated - Dyche must go !!!!
    Yes we are in free fall but sacking Dyche now would be ‘arsh, ‘arsh, ‘arsh, ‘arsh.

the fans will demand it- dropping 2 places overnight- they will be asking for Moyes

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Great result, a team missing the entire back five from last season and Robbie Brady took us up to 4th place in the PL. But that was a poor display, the worst I've seen us play in a long time.
    Two shots on goal against one of the worst teams in the division, great result, poor display, as I said above. But you were right Alto, the usual suspects are kicking off, the toys are now flying out of the pram. These people need to get off their arses and go and watch the games.

Looks like another centre half is inbound with QPR's Nedum Onuoha or the previously mentioned Liam Moore as major possibilities. Personally, I would be totally happy with either.

Another wide midfield player is essential in my opinion but currently the rumour mill is not spewing out and possible targets.

In case anyone has forgotten what the ex-Manchester City player Onuoha looks like...

Attachment 7542

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Two shots on goal against one of the worst teams in the division, great result, poor display, as I said above. But you were right Alto, the usual suspects are kicking off, the toys are now flying out of the pram. These people need to get off their arses and go and watch the games.
    I know for some people getting to the Turf every couple of weeks is difficult but if any fans with negative vibes really should find a way to watch the lads live.

The progress we have made since Dyche arrived is almost beyond the imagination. Beating Stoke at home on a cold winter's night in the first season he came just would never have happened.

Now it's simply par for the course and we really have found the way to win games in a whole host of manners. I'm HAPPY!

Attachment 7543

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

The progress we have made since Dyche arrived is almost beyond the imagination. Beating Stoke at home on a cold winter's night in the first season he came just would never have happened. Now it's simply par for the course and we really have found the way to win games in a whole host of manners. I'm HAPPY!

Attachment 7543
    To be honest again BT, winning without playing well is the secret of our success under Dyche imo. He's taken us from halfway up the Championship to 4th in the PL, but on the way I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times we've outclassed or outplayed the opposition and given them a real seeing to. Silva on Saturday was just the latest in a long line of managers shaking his head in disbelief at the final whistle, Hughes had his whinge on Sky. I used to think that not playing particularly well, not being the 'best' team on the day would catch up with us eventually, we might still win games now and again while not playing well, but it couldn't lead to long term success. But it has, quite how we do it I've no idea, none of the other managers know either and it irritates the **** out of them. In this respect I suspect Sean is unique, most other managers, imo, aim to win by playing 'good' football or dominating games, Sean just aims to win.

The bottom line is that Sean is a master craftsman who uses the tools at his disposal to the maximum effect. He does not dwell on what we do not have, as many fans seem to do, he utilises every resource available in order to achieve his ends. The players and staff have obviously bought into this and are in no doubt as to what Sean is trying to achieve.
    Occasionally, the wheels will come off, however, in general the structure is getting stronger on a daily basis and we become more durable.
    The basis of good management is to have a plan and to use the resources you have to maximum effect in order to achieve your objective. I think that Sean is achieving what he has set out to do ----and long may it continue.

imo....its not rocket science - if the majority of teams dont have much above mediocre finishing quality - and if up against a team that concentrates on strength in defence/goal....then scoring will be made that much more difficult
    ....and when those same teams spend most of the game attacking - but gain no advantage...then it'll reach a point where they'll start to flag, so need to adjust something, a substitution or change in formation etc, anything that'll cause a weakness that we can expoilt.....does make for a pained spectacle - but it's got us the points.

And I thought it was all down to good old fashioned luck..

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    The bottom line is that Sean is a master craftsman who uses the tools at his disposal to the maximum effect. He does not dwell on what we do not have, as many fans seem to do, he utilises every resource available in order to achieve his ends. The players and staff have obviously bought into this and are in no doubt as to what Sean is trying to achieve.
    Occasionally, the wheels will come off, however, in general the structure is getting stronger on a daily basis and we become more durable.
    The basis of good management is to have a plan and to use the resources you have to maximum effect in order to achieve your objective. I think that Sean is achieving what he has set out to do ----and long may it continue.
    Objective and pretty much spot on Supersub6!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)