+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you sacrifice the naming rights

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    i wouldnt sell the naming rights at all

but to be fare he can have wal to ceiling adverts for all i care
    i hardly notice them as i usually look at the lads on the pitch
    although last season watching the footy we wee dealt with i did find myself looking around
    and i thought
    how can any idiot find a piece of wrighting on a wall offensive etc
    especially when the person that has it there owns our club and saved us from the previous owners

as much as i liked the sunderland derbys
    i think we would have fallen as quick if not quicker than them if he hadnt stepped in

now thats an opinion

and not put on here to create or shi73 stir
    I agree. People look at a Sports Direct sign and think of Ashley and the hate they hold for him. Some people need to step back a bit on this and have a think.

I also remember very well how much the last owners screwed the club and the pay outs they gave themselves on leaving. People claim Ashley is pocketing cash. If he is then heīs doing nothing worse than those before him.

Perhaps the biggest bit of luck we ever had was Ashley not doing due dilligence properly (if thatīs true) otherwise we could be in a much worse place now.

My point exactly

Yet people still beat him to protect rafas side

A bit like when Gordon brown handed power over to those great tiories

And told them the cupboards were bare

The fools that laugh he didn't do due dillogence don't realise that could have been spent on players

Yet was grizzled away by people who were allegedly supposably passionate geordies

They robbed their own kin
    Last edited by pboromag; 04-06-2018 at 04:00 PM.

My point exactly

Do you think supporters just started hating Ashley during Rafas tenure of employment.

No I don't terry

But it's a common thread

My point exactly

A bit like when Gordon brown handed power over to those great tiories

And told them the cupboards were bare

The fools that laugh he didn't do due dillogence don't realise that could have been spent on players

Yet was grizzled away by people who were allegedly supposably passionate geordies

They robbed their own kin
    Rafa doesnīt need protecting. His record before and at Newcastle speaks for itself.

Rafa wants what the supporters want - to win. Ashley wants the club to make money and didnīt realise, when he bought the club, that the priority at a football club is winning, even if you lose money doing it.

And do a Sunderland a Leeds etc etc etc
    Only a clown would think that

I would say for teams in our band
    It is to do the best with what you have

Shepard spent like you say
    He got us into debt
    And I would say we were maybe 2 seasons from doing a Sunderland or a Leeds
    Or villa
    And many many many more besides

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I agree. People look at a Sports Direct sign and think of Ashley and the hate they hold for him. Some people need to step back a bit on this and have a think.

I also remember very well how much the last owners screwed the club and the pay outs they gave themselves on leaving. People claim Ashley is pocketing cash. If he is then heīs doing nothing worse than those before him.

Perhaps the biggest bit of luck we ever had was Ashley not doing due dilligence properly (if thatīs true) otherwise we could be in a much worse place now.
    he's doing a lot worse

nevermind what COULD have been...the what has happened is what people need to stand back and look at!

a twice relegated(could have been more) advertising hoarding/football club,who's owner has been took to court and proved a liar,has the tax man investigating nufc...has lost the club more revenue thru self inflicted relegations than any back handers fat freddy and co poketed,and doubled the debt.

lets look at facts before we even consider fiction........f'uck knows where we would be if houghton and rafa did'nt pull him out of the sh1t(thats a what could have been worth discussing)

ASHLEY OOT!
    Last edited by ranat22; 04-06-2018 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post

I'm not enough of an expert to know about how much he has pocketed, but it doesn't take a rocket science to realize that whilst most other clubs have replaced the key players they sold, we have had large gaps that weren't filled in time because there was no re-investment in the squad. Maybe it's good for business, maybe it's kept the club healthy financially. But we've been close to relegation for many years and then it happened, so it hasn't been good for the football side of things. Keeping hiring bad managers didn't help either.

Quote Originally Posted by ranat22 View Post
    he's doing a lot worse

nevermind what COULD have been...the what has happened is what people need to stand back and look at!

a twice relegated(could have been more) advertising hoarding/football club,who's owner has been took to court and proved a liar,has the tax man investigating nufc...has lost the club more revenue thru self inflicted relegations than any back handers fat freddy and co poketed,and doubled the debt.

lets look at facts before we even consider fiction........f'uck knows where we would be if houghton and rafa did'nt pull him out of the sh1t(thats a what could have been worth discussing)

ASHLEY OOT!
    Donīt get me wrong - I want him gone now too because he doesnīt want to take the club forward through some reasonable investment in players. On the other hand I recognise some of the good things heīs done. We were in deep sh*t financially when he took over and could have done a Leeds if he, or someone else, hadnīt come in.

Heīs made a lot of mistakes but heīs also spent big when we were in trouble (relegations). Sure he shouldīve prevented those relegations but how much did he give to McClown to spend? If only Rafa had been our manager then.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    That was his mistake as a businessman. He didn't do due diligence, it's his fault but he's making the club pay for it.
    Exactly.

Ashley would have had to pay the interest on the clubs debt, as when he bought the club it became HIS debt, one of the reasons he got the club for the price he paid.

Him getting free advertising he got f**k all to do with the debt, other than he’s making the club pay for his lack of due diligence and bad deal.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)