+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Meghan and Harry’s Interview

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Where’s the one of her bent double with Major Hewitt boning her?

I didn't see the interview, I haven't much time for any of them, but if you are going to take on the Queen public opinion will always away in her favour, and in all honesty no monarch will ever reign longer or with some much affection from the nation.
    It's akin to going to a Billy Connolly gig to heckle him when he has the microphone and you don't.

I wasn't going to watch the interview but I'm afraid that I succumbed and did so. The main impression that I gained was the professional way in which Meghan Markle answered the questions, in other words, as if it was all rehearsed. I'm convinced that her friend Oprah Winfrey had discussed with her what the questions were going to be and that much of the interview had been edited. As I've stated before, if you want to protect your privacy don't bare your soles to the watching millions. I'm afraid that neither of them convinced me that they are the innocent victims.

Concerning the interview itself, she didn't do herself any favours when she admitted that she didn't do any background research on the protocols to be observed regarding the Royal Family. If she had have done so she would have found out that their son didn't automatically receive a title. No, she'd prefer to proclaim that he had been discriminated against. Another point which came across to me was that it wasn't them being interviewed as a couple but her interview. This, to my mind, is an example of her being the 'mover and shaker' behind all of this and him being her lapdog.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Where’s the one of her bent double with Major Hewitt boning her?
    I could never see why he was so set against the RF, other than blaming them for his mothers demise, but when I factor this in, it becomes the only plausible answer to all this angst (to me anyway). He has created his mothers image for himself, and bought another dysfunctional body into a family of dysfunctional people. My guess is the Palace, after a period of 'quiet reflection' will press their Nuclear Button, too.

She is an actress, I will leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by rambaggie View Post
    Absolutely. When she was over here and so very popular her sister came out with some comments that were not at all flattering. I seem to recall her giving her opinion about what would happen. She seemed a very sour person to me. However it seems that she has turned out right. I stand to be corrected on this matter, not that I care.

The mock shock on Oprah Winfrey’s face was just so blatant, absolutely toe curling stuff by the old girl, shameful.

This question about the baby’s potential colour is so indicative of today’s ultra PC world.

Back in 1981 when I was working in menswear my boss Nigel had married a very attractive girl called Lynne and she tanned beautifully in the summer, as brown as a berry.

Nigel was a big, pale, ginger lad.

I’d known Lynne for three years at this point and until she mentioned it I had no idea that in her family lineage a few generations previously someone had been West Indian.

She and Nigel openly talked and joked about the fact that the doctor had explained to them that there was a possibility that the baby could be as black as coal when it arrived, it was described as a “throwback” I believe.

Apparently this can happen up to around four generations after the West Indian genes ( in this case ) were added to the family genetics.

They didn’t take offence with the doctor for pointing this out, they were grateful because they both admitted that although it would make no difference to the way they felt about their baby, if they’d just been presented with a black one it would’ve been an almighty shock.

Nigel openly joked that it might come out singing “Old Man River” and he was the bloody father!

As it happens they had two girls, one a chunky, paler than pale ginger girl and a lightly olive skinned girl who looked just like her mum.

People are just too precious these days, it’s pathetic.

Most families discuss how a baby will look in terms of dads big nose or mums ears and like with my grandson, would he be a “milk bottle” like his mum or a swarthy Irish looking kid like his dad was.

He’s the absolute spit of his dad who I despise ( for walking out on his one year old son! ) but I couldn’t love that little chap more than I do.

All it was was a discussion point in our family like with so many other families but Hewitt’s wife has played the race card because she knows how damaging that’ll be to the monarchy.
    Last edited by mickd1961; 09-03-2021 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rambaggie View Post
    A very bad one.

As those of you who have read my posts on the subject you will know that I am no supporter of the actions of Harry and Meghan. However, the comments made regarding the colour of the baby's skin, if they were said in front of Harry, were perhaps a little insensitive. If it was said in the privacy of their own home, whoever it was, and out of Harry's hearing then it's a private matter and only the concern of those present. I'm not sure if Harry was present or not, or if it was second hand. As for the rest of their actions, as I said, you know my feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    As those of you who have read my posts on the subject you will know that I am no supporter of the actions of Harry and Meghan. However, the comments made regarding the colour of the baby's skin, if they were said in front of Harry, were perhaps a little insensitive. If it was said in the privacy of their own home, whoever it was, and out of Harry's hearing then it's a private matter and only the concern of those present. I'm not sure if Harry was present or not, or if it was second hand. As for the rest of their actions, as I said, you know my feelings.

As above Leicester - it depends on the way it was said. Meghan’s father has said it was most likely said in jest! Have you me or anyone else not laughed at something regarding a non White person in jest - does that make you a racist? I think not as even black people say things in jest about other ethnicities.

Meghan kept going on about colour - she’s more white than black and looks no different from a Latina. Using the race card was pathetic!

So many will now play the race card which is another step back. How many will be flooding the lines with suicidal thoughts and the real people who need help may get overlooked! Again poor!

Everything was totally rehearsed and whilst I am not a fan of the Royal Family they have done this for one reason only - money!!

When they talked about healing relationships with Charles and William - why did Meghan not talk about healing her relationship with her own family?

The only thing which I thought was poor in defence of them was security being withdrawn - that was petty!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)