+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: League Two Signings Thread 2024/25

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Maddens alright but I don’t think he’s all that, he was certainly a statement signing when he dropped 2 divisions 3 years ago, but now at 34 is he that much better than a run of the mill L2 striker?

I don’t think we need anymore attacking players at the moment, we need to get a couple of quality senior pros with leadership qualities in CM and CB and make an exception that we might not get them at an undervalued rate and there will be no sell on price either.
    We dont need anymore strikers, We have Morias

All the players mentioned ie madden and raggett are well above our pay grade and I doubt anyone else mentioned on here recently. Our signings won’t be high profile but hopefully quality and value for money. The infrastructure looks like it is almost in place (pitch etc) and hopefully the squad will follow and I take my hat off to the brothers for not chasing the rainbow, been there done that and where did we end up ???
    Last edited by SwalePie; 15-05-2024 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smigpie View Post
    All the players mentioned ie madden and raggett are well above our pay grade and I doubt anyone else mentioned on here recently. Our signings won’t be high profile but hopefully quality and value for money. The infer structure looks like it is almost in place (pitch etc) and hopefully the squad will follow and I take my hat off to the brothers for not chasing the rainbow, been there done that and where did we end up ???
    Totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We dont need anymore strikers, We have Morias
    Proviidng we keep all our big players we genuinely don't need any. Langstaff, McGoldrick, Scott and Jatta. Every single one of them are capable of double figures depending on game tine imo.Jones and Crowley will chip in as well. Madden is a solid signing for them but he's 34 and it's a 2 year deal on hefty wages. We need a GK, a new backline of genuine quality, and a new CM. Honestly scoring goals will be no issue imo, it's the other end where i budget needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    Proviidng we keep all our big players we genuinely don't need any. Langstaff, McGoldrick, Scott and Jatta. Every single one of them are capable of double figures depending on game tine imo.Jones and Crowley will chip in as well. Madden is a solid signing for them but he's 34 and it's a 2 year deal on hefty wages. We need a GK, a new backline of genuine quality, and a new CM. Honestly scoring goals will be no issue imo, it's the other end where i budget needs to go.
    Nailed it. Defence aside, we're pretty much promotion-worthy. We need three or four quality additions at the back/midfield that come straight into the first team and make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Nailed it. Defence aside, we're pretty much promotion-worthy. We need three or four quality additions at the back/midfield that come straight into the first team and make a difference.
    preferably on the taller side..

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I fully agree, we aren't a million miles away. 4-5 quality additions in the areas we need them most, and we are right in the mix next season imo.

As long as no one gets injured we don't need any more forwards, we need a GK, this will probably be Ashby Hammond again and we need AT LEAST 4 new defenders, 3 who will be able to come straight in to the team and another as a squad filler, maybe need a bit more in midfield as well but Palmer will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    As long as no one gets injured we don't need any more forwards, we need a GK, this will probably be Ashby Hammond again and we need AT LEAST 4 new defenders, 3 who will be able to come straight in to the team and another as a squad filler, maybe need a bit more in midfield as well but Palmer will be back.
    I think we'll definitely need another centre mid. Palmer, Robbo, Baj (assuming he signs), and one more. The one more should be good enough to push Robbo for a starting spot. I'd love us to sign Croasdale to play alongside Palmer to provide some bite and energy in the middle.

We should be signing players on the way up in their careers - young but with experience - not last pay cheque types and not youth team novices. I agree, no need for a striker but two midfielders, three centre backs, maybe one wing back, a proven goalkeeper and a new coach.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast