+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Kilmarnock

A lot to be pleased with again, although still looks like we’ve yet to hit top gear.

Thought we played really well today.

Shinnie and Nilsen in midfield are superb together.

Looks like it’s going to be a good season.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Thought we played really well today.

Shinnie and Nilsen in midfield are superb together.

Looks like it’s going to be a good season.
    Agree. Nilsen is a very intelligent play maker. He seems to have the ability to pivot and almost always picks out an effective pass. He’s also very determined and vocal, driving the team forward. He and Shinnie are playing very close to one another this season and Shinnie seems to have been encouraged to play more forward passes. Molloy, too, is proving to be a very effective defender with a cool head, very good on the ball, quick, commanding in the air and can pass as well. The team also appears to be gelling quite well and the goals are coming from many departments. Very encouraging all round!

Just back

What a feeling it is to watch us play so comfortably in a match and not be too worried about what the opposition do.

Thought McGrath was superb today. My MOTM.

Shinnie and Nilson bossed the centre of midfield again, with Nilson moaning like f*ck to everyone in a red jersey at any slackness or coming out of position.

Killie huffed and puffed a few times, but I always felt we were comfortable the whole game.

Two good headers from Paper, but his first touch is atrocious. Wish Sockler had put his chance away, he had time to take a touch first, but snatched at it. Don't know if just confidence or poor ability. Hope it's a confidence thing.

A good view of the red card where I sit and looked a red straight away. Even if they kept him on the park they were still getting beat.

The Thelin bandwagon rolls on and what a time to be a red. I might be getting carried away, but feels like the real thing this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Agree. Nilsen is a very intelligent play maker. He seems to have the ability to pivot and almost always picks out an effective pass. He’s also very determined and vocal, driving the team forward. He and Shinnie are playing very close to one another this season and Shinnie seems to have been encouraged to play more forward passes. Molloy, too, is proving to be a very effective defender with a cool head, very good on the ball, quick, commanding in the air and can pass as well. The team also appears to be gelling quite well and the goals are coming from many departments. Very encouraging all round!
    Yes that’s a good point as well. I think Molloy has looked very good so far. He looks like the sort of player that is going to get better the more he plays.

We're well set up for next weekend folks .... a win v Ross County on Saturday, and we will eagerly await the outcome o' the ugly sisters clash.
    Worst case scenario - we remain equal top but 5 clear o' the huns .. best case - they finish with a draa ... leavin' us 2 clear on top, 4 clear o' the huns ... bring it on!

A professional, comfortable, well deserved win.

Played some nice stuff in spells again and never looked in any danger.

Good performances all over the park (almost) and the squad looks to have a bit more depth to it now too which is great to see.

A few thoughts.

Ruby & Molloy were very good together today - Ruby winning everything in the air and Molloy positioned himself very well and cleared up a lot of the loose balls and scraps.

I was glad to see Vassel missing as Molloy would have struggled with him physically (Ruby wouldn’t) but he was very solid today.

MacKenzie was excellent. Didn’t put a foot wrong in defence and got forward really well. The run and pass he put on a plate for Sokler was top notch. My MOTM. Coming along nicely.

Nilssen and Shinnie are absolutely perfect together in the middle. Fabulous pairing.

McGrath good again. Sharp and creative. Really need to tie him down on a new deal if at all possible.

Topi was lively first half but had a quiet second. Unlucky not to score.

What to say about big Pape. Two blinding headers. Just keep the ball on his heid and away fae his feet and he’ll be fine.

Only negative for me was Sokler. Thought he was very poor overall and also missed an absolute sitter. Just confirmed why we needed to sign someone like Nesbitt really.

So, another great result and things are coming along nicely. More of the same next week please AFC. In Jimmy we trust…

Quote Originally Posted by swaddon2 View Post
    I hope that red card for the Killie lad was a saft one, just to see the girning fae McInnes after the game.
    He thought it was a yellow and that it changed the game...the still from the BBC showed the Killie player "tackling" with both feet off the ground and we should have been 3 or 4 up at h-t.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Just back

What a feeling it is to watch us play so comfortably in a match and not be too worried about what the opposition do.

Thought McGrath was superb today. My MOTM.

Shinnie and Nilson bossed the centre of midfield again, with Nilson moaning like f*ck to everyone in a red jersey at any slackness or coming out of position.

Killie huffed and puffed a few times, but I always felt we were comfortable the whole game.

Two good headers from Paper, but his first touch is atrocious. Wish Sockler had put his chance away, he had time to take a touch first, but snatched at it. Don't know if just confidence or poor ability. Hope it's a confidence thing.

A good view of the red card where I sit and looked a red straight away. Even if they kept him on the park they were still getting beat.

The Thelin bandwagon rolls on and what a time to be a red. I might be getting carried away, but feels like the real thing this time.
    McGrath has worked his sock off all season. Nilson was absolutely livid when the ref. stopped the game to book the Killie player for his tackle on Sokler, he is constantly giving telling all and sundry what to do, where to go...bit like another guy who wore No. 6.

I thought he was livid with the tackle? Will have to watch on sport scene later.

Can only echo all the thoughts above. Really pleased with that.

Brilliant Nilsen again the day, affords Shinnie more leeway to charge about. He just looks a proper ‘pro’, hard bitten but also a leader. I hope he’s a lesson that whilst our model is taking a punt on promising youth, you can’t get away without experience. Not that that’s is all he is, he’s
    excellent. Him and Shinnie look like a pair. Never had that all last season. (Or past fit 6/7 seasons barring brief Rama/Shinnie spell)
    Shinnie’s energy is ridiculous. He must be loving having Nilsen in there. I’m really excited by having an actual midfield pairing - just wish they were both younger….

McGrath we have to get tied down, what a player he is. Another fantastic game.

Always rated Mackenzie and brilliant to see he’s getting more acknowledgment. Was target for boo boys for a while. Too early to judge Keskinen but feel we’re far stronger on the left and that’s down to Jack and his running. I think he’s great.

Ruby/Molloy solid and looking good together. Good points about him above. He’s come in from a lower standard, played every minute and doesn’t look out of place.

Glad to see Besuijen come on afore Morris, I still think there’s a place for him in the squad so hope he doesn’t go out.

Gueye took his goals very well.

Think forwards again showed why we took in Nisbet though. Leave it at that. Not a day for criticism. Onwards.

Well one criticism - Killie are a nowt but a bunch of fouling brutes.
    Last edited by Bojangles9; 25-08-2024 at 10:16 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast