+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Takeover

I still don't know what to believe with regard to any takeover of the club. Hope it happens but there doesn't seem to be anything definite yet. I wonder if it will all come down to our league status at the end of the season. In which case need some good results and improved performances before the fat lady sings. Potentially the most important period in the Club's history if our final status is key to this takeover.

A championship club is cheaper to buy than a premiership one so would they not want us to remain in the championship, purchase for a dime then get us up, increasing value by at least double in a year

Quote Originally Posted by arab_pat View Post
    A championship club is cheaper to buy than a premiership one so would they not want us to remain in the championship, purchase for a dime then get us up, increasing value by at least double in a year
    Yup and what some posters on here seem to forget is that the take over process is a long process that takes weeks, months to complete. As I've said previously, the take over is in the process and all but done, give it a few weeks. Patience needed. If anyone doesn't believe it then fine, they have every right to be skeptical with ST and MM, however this is happening and it will save us. ST exhausted every avenue for securities, they would have had to secure the soft loans against the broom cupboard and seat C71 of the Dode Fox stand if it continued.

Heard last night from a very reliable source that this is defo happening and it has been in the pipeline for some time.

MM is to stay on as chairman he is MD of a big hedge fund in London , think that’s how the connections have come about. Word is that they want to overhaul the whole club from the bottom up. Get back to the youth focus etc and the Borthwick takeover will enable us to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by east_stand_lower View Post
    Heard last night from a very reliable source that this is defo happening and it has been in the pipeline for some time.

MM is to stay on as chairman he is MD of a big hedge fund in London , think that’s how the connections have come about. Word is that they want to overhaul the whole club from the bottom up. Get back to the youth focus etc and the Borthwick takeover will enable us to do this.
    This all seems far too much like common sense to me. It'll never happen!

Getting a headache from reading this thread.
    Que sera

Quote Originally Posted by Arab87 View Post
    Yup and what some posters on here seem to forget is that the take over process is a long process that takes weeks, months to complete. As I've said previously, the take over is in the process and all but done, give it a few weeks. Patience needed. If anyone doesn't believe it then fine, they have every right to be skeptical with ST and MM, however this is happening and it will save us. ST exhausted every avenue for securities, they would have had to secure the soft loans against the broom cupboard and seat C71 of the Dode Fox stand if it continued.
    If happens Im renewing my ST regardless of division. Otherwise I will pick and chose. Think many in that boat tbh. A couple of month ago i heard we were knocking at heavens door (well admin) - this kind of suggests ST doesnt want to be in charge of that. I know for a fact there are and have been negotiations I was aware US consortium (and another national) had no idea it was AB. This is the best news possible. New Start. New Dreams - we might get 2nd next year

Quote Originally Posted by Sutherland Arab View Post
    Getting a headache from reading this thread.
    Que sera

im geting a boner

Heard Steve Campbell coming back going to be total revamp of club’s youth Bowman’s will be binned think next few weeks will tell if true

Was in Courier last weekend about takeover will be happening

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)