+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 7 x 90 mins without scoring

I try to wait until Monday before posting as like JRS -I am a wee bit too ready to point the finger.

I felt Queens were completely robbed on Saturday and if it had been a boxing match the game would have been stopped well before the end as Raith never had a punch on target! Apart from their clever left winger and perhaps McHattie, Raith were a very poor outfit.

Queens could not be faulted for their effort and they certainly gave 100%, - as they did against Ayr Utd and that was something that was definitely missing in the Morton game, - whatever was the problem that day we perhaps will never know.

I agree with a lot of the comments on this thread, and without naming names we do not have a midfielder in our current squad who is able to marshall the match, - so I would urge the manager and BOD to make that a priority in the January window. I would love to see McShane back at Palmerston, - but he seems to be flavour of the month at Ross County at the moment.

Regarding Dobie's fitness, I don't think that is the problem per se, but his sharpness has definitely dropped and he has become a little complacent at times. He knows he should have scored in the first few minutes on Saturday and hopefully he will be kicking himself when he watches the replay and sees that all he needed to do was kick the ball instead of trying to be too clever!

Dobbie and a few others need to rediscover their burning desire and hunger for scoring goals and winning games, - then Queens' fortunes will change.

November is looking like an amazing month; we have Dundee Utd at Palmy on Saturday who are flying high at the moment, - while at the end of the month we visit top of the table Hibs. We simply must win on Saturday and aim to get Danny fit (if possible) for the Hibs match, - because he will rip his former colleagues apart! Six points from those two games would really change the look of the table, - while in the middle of the month we can aim to get the shooting boots back on and regain the confidence against some lower league opposition.

One word of caution ahead of Alloa and Albion Rovers, - never again should the Morton attitude be seen at Palmerston, - the players should enter each game as though their very lives depended upon it.

Isn't that post a bit hyperbolic, jardi?

Answer that one from Victor Jardi ! !

Cresswell, no over use of hyperbole by dear chap, but the post was a tad over long!

I'm quietly confident that if Queens rediscover their early season hunger and desire (and a fit Derek Lyle) they will overcome Dundee Utd on Saturday, and possibly even Hibs later this month.

OK, against Alloa and Albion Rovers they should play as though they might get fined if they don't do their best, - rather than as though their very lives depend upon it!

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Cresswell, no over use of hyperbole by dear chap, but the post was a tad over long!

I'm quietly confident that if Queens rediscover their early season hunger and desire (and a fit Derek Lyle) they will overcome Dundee Utd on Saturday, and possibly even Hibs later this month.

OK, against Alloa and Albion Rovers they should play as though they might get fined if they don't do their best, - rather than as though their very lives depend upon it!
    Well said Jardi. a good, positive and uplifting appraisal of the current position. What we need now is a return of some of the injured players for this Saturday starting with Lyle to help out in the goal scoring, using his predatory instincts in and around the box which has been sadly missing in recent weeks.
    Mon the South

Sometimes the comments on this board are so outrageously over the top it is difficult to know if the poster really means them or whether they are a wind up. Despite your protestations, jardi, I remain confused about into which camp you fall. The referee stopping the fight because "Raith never had a punch on target"? Remind me who won that game. If you had used the analogy of the referee stopping the "fight" and declaring "no contest" because of the poor standard exhibited by each of the two protagonists I'd readily have accepted that as a more measured comment. Danny to "rip his former colleagues apart"? "Six points from those two games"? "Playing as though their very lives depended upon it"? My God, jardi! They are professional footballers. I know that you later moderated that remark but they play (i.e. work) for their wages just like any other tradesman works for his wages. Now if you had asked that they give a fair day's work for a fair day's pay that would have been a reasonable request. C'mon, jardi. Admit it. You're having a laugh, aren't you.
    Last edited by Cresswell; 01-11-2016 at 03:24 PM.

Why do you actually bother supporting Queens Cresswell ? All you ever do is moan about them or the state of Scottish football . Are you stuck in some sort of 1950's bubble ?
    If you're really that unhappy about things then why do you constantly put your old body through the pain every weekend , either that or support Real Madrid or Barcalona

Cresswell, - it is you sir who is on the wind up and well you know it!

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Cresswell, - it is you sir who is on the wind up and well you know it!
    Jardi, let's call it a score draw and leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cresswell View Post
    Jardi, let's call it a score draw and leave it at that.
    Not sure that a goal has been scored lads !!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)