+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Macca new captain

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I hope KCs family are well and I think if he stays it will do him good. Also if we get new defenders in and he isn’t making the starting 11 it makes it a bit less controversial dropping the captain too, he took a lot of flak last season, some of it very unfair.
    As for Macca he demonstrates what every player should do, works his backside off and leads by example.
    The criticism was justified. He neither acted like nor played like a captain too often. However, he did defend better after Stuart Little's arival and I genuinely think it will do him good if he stays with us. He will know he is not assured of a place and hopefully show the form he did when he first arrived at ML.
    Good luck to him

Quote Originally Posted by OldRoadsider View Post
    The criticism was justified. He neither acted like nor played like a captain too often. However, he did defend better after Stuart Little's arival and I genuinely think it will do him good if he stays with us. He will know he is not assured of a place and hopefully show the form he did when he first arrived at ML.
    Good luck to him
    I said some. If you look at him and Macca, he got some vile abuse and if we’re being totally honest second half of the season, Macca had some very poor games but he got none, Cameron became another scapegoat.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Gateshead might be a good fit. Or York.

If he stays at Notts, he still has a role to play. Just not such a central one.
    He was never a central defender, it was us that put him in that role. When he played at Torquay he played he played either left wing or left back
    Last edited by SwalePie; 10-06-2024 at 03:34 PM.

Crazy decision.

Macca can't even make the Baldie or Mullet teams.

I look forward to hearing from durhampie on this one. I'm not one for getting into deep debates but this appointment flies in the face of everything durhampie has said. I know langstaff is under contract but he can play at another level if he wishes. Or at least earn more money. So his acceptance of captaincy and his comments seem to imply he's more than happy with everything at the club. Including the management. Yes, he could take the role , bide his time, leave when the times right. Or he could have said behind the scenes that he's not happy, the club have made wrong turns since Williams left and he wishes to move on and let notts have the money he would generate. Or he could have an agent or a mate demanding he move ASAP to protect his career. And make life difficult for everyone concerned. However, it seems that he's been happy with everything the club has been doing since Williams, and sees success as still possible with us. Even with a bt engineer leading the way. Maybe I trust a player who sees training and coaching methods daily, a little more than a fan on here, no matter how many matches he watches home and away. To me it seems personal from durhampie , the bt engineer will always be wrong man for us. Players clearly aren't saying that though are they. Langstaff has clearly said how he feels, I know words may mean nothing at times but he's in a really good position where he could make serious demands if he wasn't happy with things . Maybe it's time to see how pre season goes and then the start of the season too. I'm not expecting Maynard to turn into an allardyce type and hit top levels but I'm prepared to give him a chance. Seems the players are making that choice too. I look forward to durhampie version .

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    He was never a central defender, it was us that put him in that roll. When he played at Torquay he played he played either left wing or left back
    Very true. I always felt LB was his strongest position as he's actually pretty effective going forward. Being forced to play CB and pass it around a lot probably didn't help him much.

Cynical move by club to push ticket sales. In full knowledge that Macca will leave if decent offer comes in. Should treat fans with more respect.

Will now look bad on Macca if he leaves this summer. Club could easily have held its water. KC may even have left by then. Can't believe either Macca or KC are happy about the timing of this announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by itsagrandoldteam View Post
    I look forward to hearing from durhampie on this one. I'm not one for getting into deep debates but this appointment flies in the face of everything durhampie has said. I know langstaff is under contract but he can play at another level if he wishes. Or at least earn more money. So his acceptance of captaincy and his comments seem to imply he's more than happy with everything at the club. Including the management. Yes, he could take the role , bide his time, leave when the times right. Or he could have said behind the scenes that he's not happy, the club have made wrong turns since Williams left and he wishes to move on and let notts have the money he would generate. Or he could have an agent or a mate demanding he move ASAP to protect his career. And make life difficult for everyone concerned. However, it seems that he's been happy with everything the club has been doing since Williams, and sees success as still possible with us. Even with a bt engineer leading the way. Maybe I trust a player who sees training and coaching methods daily, a little more than a fan on here, no matter how many matches he watches home and away. To me it seems personal from durhampie , the bt engineer will always be wrong man for us. Players clearly aren't saying that though are they. Langstaff has clearly said how he feels, I know words may mean nothing at times but he's in a really good position where he could make serious demands if he wasn't happy with things . Maybe it's time to see how pre season goes and then the start of the season too. I'm not expecting Maynard to turn into an allardyce type and hit top levels but I'm prepared to give him a chance. Seems the players are making that choice too. I look forward to durhampie version .
    Tbf to Durham who the majority of the time I disagree with I do think SMs stocks pretty low amongst most fans now. I from the start backed the appointment on the basis if he had the leadership skills, as I admired what he did at Wealdstone and holding down a job full time.
    It might be all good behind the scenes and I really hope it is, the worry for me was the string of home defeats as it seemed unthinkable that could happen any season tbf but I think he was trying to balance the side which was probably impossible with the players at his disposal.
    I think the proof in the pudding will be the type of players we get in, as the manager/head coach will be a major factor for many players decisions (not all) and of course if he has influenced RM for the right areas of recruitment and then of course the firsts 10 games or so.

Quote Originally Posted by OldBanksy View Post
    Cynical move by club to push ticket sales. In full knowledge that Macca will leave if decent offer comes in. Should treat fans with more respect.

Will now look bad on Macca if he leaves this summer. Club could easily have held its water. KC may even have left by then. Can't believe either Macca or KC are happy about the timing of this announcement.
    What a bizarre take. I doubt the announcement will persuade one person to buy a season ticket who wasn’t already buying one.

Like every other player under contract, Macca will only be sold if the right offer comes in or if he successfully agitates for a move. And it doesn’t sound like that last one is on the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    What a bizarre take. I doubt the announcement will persuade one person to buy a season ticket who wasn’t already buying one.

Like every other player under contract, Macca will only be sold if the right offer comes in or if he successfully agitates for a move. And it doesn’t sound like that last one is on the cards.
    It sends a signal to the fans that Macca is here to stay next season.
    If you think it is a bizarre take, how do you explain the timing? Why wouldn't you wait till it needed to be announced? Before first game of season?
    If KC has left by then, it would save him some ignominy. Both players deserve better.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast