+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: morton v queens

re: morton v queens

Quote Originally Posted by blazerman
    One of the strangest matches and atmospheres I have witnessed as a Queens fan.
    Agreed - the second half was just weird!

I felt both teams should have had a penalty in the first half the blatant hand ball by the Morton player and I also felt we were lucky to see Imrie booked for diving as from where I was sitting it looked like a stone wall penalty. .
    Didnt see the handball well enough but I also felt there was a hand used on Imrie. Be interested to see this on gootv later. Also heard someone say Imrie may have caused the keepers injury but saw nothing there.

As for the sendings off Higgins was never a straight red .
    Not so sure. Definitely deliberate handball from where I was sitting so debate is whether or not it was a goalscoring opportunity. The likelihood of O'Connor making it all the way to goal without having a

I thought that game was ruined by the red cards, although I think they were correct decisions. From where I was standing it looked as if O'Connor had flicked the ball past Higgins and Higgins instinctively handled it. Because he was the last man the ref had no choice. Russell was just stupid - always liked him as a player but he seems to have anger management issues nowadays. First half I thought Morton looked quite good (I'm measuring from a very low baseline here remember) with some of the passing moves being excellent but not enough clear chances being created. The one where O'Connor hit the post was a lovely turn and shot. The Imrie booking was a travesty - it was a clear foul right on the edge of the area (I would say right on the line so 50/50 if it was a penalty or a free kick) and how the ref judged that to be a dive is beyond me but maybe the video will show it differently. After the red cards the game died a bit as Queens just played 8 packed into defence most of the t

Most of the fans who've said young Jim isn't ready yet haven't even seen the lad play .

He certainly proved the 'experts' wrong last night

Jim Atkinson makes a save late on against Morton last night >>>>>>

Just seen the video and the Imrie incident is just outside the line I think so wouldn't have been a penalty anyway. Still a bad decision by the ref tough.

Just watched "goo tube" now and the Higgins sending off was very harsh.His arm was raised even before the flick as he appeared to be anticipating a challenge/collision with the Morton player.
    Not so for harsh for Russell...what a zoomer!

A view from the dugout - Kenny Shiels style >>>>> - view external link

Kenny Shiels view at odds with BBC report.

Surely cannot have been the variance from his to BBC figures!!!

Comes across as a sore (Not winner) who only see's a game from his own rose tinted specs, bet Macca is seething at his comments. - view external link

Shiels makes a fair point about Queens packing the defence and about how difficult it is to play 11 v 9 in one half of the pitch. However, the glaring error to that argument is why the hell did he play that way?

The patently obvious solution is to draw the opposition into your defensive half, thus creating more space for the extra two men to exploit the gaps left in the attacking half!

Sour grapes methinks by an experienced manager, who should have been able to beat any team, playing half a match with two extra players.

Thankfully, it was Morton that we were playing on Wednesday, and hopefully Jim McIntyre has finally had proof positive of the red mist that descends on Russell, McKenna et al. Indiscipline will cost us dear if we continue to adopt that tactic, please change the tune Jim!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)