+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vincent

Vincent isn’t a comparable player to Francis they play different positions, in totally different areas of the park. Vincent is more comparable to Ruben or Roberts and he isn’t anywhere near that class. He has an average touch, average pass and his positional awareness is pretty poor, add to that he’s a defensive liability. If fans are wanting a player of that ilk to start it really says something about the state of Notts.

And fans comparing Burchnall to Ardley at SM really? The expectations are two different worlds totally, anyone who goes to the games can TELL we are a totally different outfit to Ardleys Notts, much better, dominating games we should be. We really do have a certain set of fans who just like to moan, I hear it all the time, we’re winning 1-0 and keeping possession looking for probing passes instead some fans want us to gerrit forward even though no one is free upfield. Ridiculous, as ridiculous as fans wanting Vincent to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Getsmart View Post
    Vincent isn’t a comparable player to Francis they play different positions, in totally different areas of the park. Vincent is more comparable to Ruben or Roberts and he isn’t anywhere near that class. He has an average touch, average pass and his positional awareness is pretty poor, add to that he’s a defensive liability. If fans are wanting a player of that ilk to start it really says something about the state of Notts.

And fans comparing Burchnall to Ardley at SM really? The expectations are two different worlds totally, anyone who goes to the games can TELL we are a totally different outfit to Ardleys Notts, much better, dominating games we should be. We really do have a certain set of fans who just like to moan, I hear it all the time, we’re winning 1-0 and keeping possession looking for probing passes instead some fans want us to gerrit forward even though no one is free upfield. Ridiculous, as ridiculous as fans wanting Vincent to start.
    What a load of rubbish. Vincent gives the midfield the energy which is something we seriously lack when he doesn't play. How on earth players like Brunt, Arter and Francis are considered better is beyond belief. All are very pedestrian and only seem to be able to pass the ball sideways or backwards. These are the reasons why our build ups are so slow and labouring ..

From what I've seen Vinny provides more going forward than those mentioned without a doubt and considerably more energy which tbf we miss in certain games. But as highlighted earlier his touch can often be poor, loses the ball cheaply and defensively isn't great. He's not comparable to Francis at all in terms of his position and how he plays.

Naturally all the players have good and bad points linked to their play but for anyone to suggest Vincent should start every game is going well overboard. Has he done enough to be an ever present, not from I've seen.

There are only a few players who should start every game for Notts if fit and fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Maybe the problem is the bros, even Ardley seems to be thriving now he doesn't have to implement the bros style of play.

This might well be one of our problems. Burchy leaves, would we then just replace him with someone similar who's tied to the style the Broz want?

The point of Vincent is that he gives us that bustling energy in the middle of the park we don't have without. Francis might be a different type player but you need someone in the middle to harry the opposition and get about them. He's the only player we have who does that and without him we're easier to play through. The closest we've had since Bishop and Ravenhill was Rose, he also was limited on the ball but put his foot in. Ok Vincent might not be the best in the league in that position but he's the best we've got. If you can't see that then you're happy with us being lightweight in the middle.

Sorry. Got to agree with Durham here. Load of tosh.
    Vincent maybe doesn't have the greatest of touches, but what he does have is energy and passion to be involved. He's not a screening player or sweeper if you prefer the old term. He's a willing runner who looks to involve himself in every movement forward or back.
    Brunt, Francis and Arter are a waste of a shirt imo. All they do is slow the game down even more with the sideways or back passing.
    And regards the gerrit forward comment...Yes please. Christ, the amount of pointless passes on Monday was beyond belief. Absolutely boring and horrible to watch. There were so many times when the game was crying out for the ball to be lumped forward to Woots to control and then bring the others into the game rather than the 58 passes before we cross the halfway line, then Palmer or Arter looked backwards instead.

I don't think it's got anything to do with a "set of fans who like to moan regardless" at all. I think it's more a set of fans who have seen managers come and go, and on occasion, been happy with the dominating passing that IB preaches. Problems occur when the ballboys show more intensity in their work than the fecking players. Boring and pedestrian don't come close to describing the awful game on Monday, or other recent games.

That's why JoB was a like a breath of fresh air. At least he seems to care and wants to try to up the pace of the game with or without the ball.

Everyone with eyes can see that Francis is a totally different player to Vincent. The point is that Vincent is much better at what he does. IB clearly doesn’t rate Vincent, fair enough, then why didn’t he sign a similar player who he did rate instead of poorer imitations of players we already had in Brunt and Arter?

As for Notts fans liking a moan, what a load f sh!t. I was watching the EFL highlights at the weekend and saw similar sized clubs to us like Rotherham, Wycombe and Oxford knocking around near the top of League 1 and much smaller clubs like FGR and Exeter getting promoted out of League 2 and we’re supposed to be happy with the likes of Halifax and Solihull finishing above us in the league cos we make 600 successful passes a game? F’ cough.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Maybe the problem is the bros, even Ardley seems to be thriving now he doesn't have to implement the bros style of play.
    Ardley implemented his style on us before the Bros arrived.Remember the one that hot us relegated.?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    This might well be one of our problems. Burchy leaves, would we then just replace him with someone similar who's tied to the style the Broz want?
    If "The Management" do elbow Burchinall and look for another manager then I would say it's up to the new chap to stress at the interview that he must do things HIS way. Should that not be acceptable to them then we'll start again with more interviews until either the Bros give way or a compromise is reached.

I wonder if Burchy got the gig because he accepted he had to do stuff their way or no job? Can't see it myself as grabbing him was considered a coup.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Everyone with eyes can see that Francis is a totally different player to Vincent. The point is that Vincent is much better at what he does. IB clearly doesn’t rate Vincent, fair enough, then why didn’t he sign a similar player who he did rate instead of poorer imitations of players we already had in Brunt and Arter?

As for Notts fans liking a moan, what a load f sh!t. I was watching the EFL highlights at the weekend and saw similar sized clubs to us like Rotherham, Wycombe and Oxford knocking around near the top of League 1 and much smaller clubs like FGR and Exeter getting promoted out of League 2 and we’re supposed to be happy with the likes of Halifax and Solihull finishing above us in the league cos we make 600 successful passes a game? F’ cough.
    Too right I can't find any evidence of Notts fans liking a moan anywhere!!! Although I haven't listened to that turgid podcast Magpie Circle for a long time so can't say 100% that it doesn't happen

Nobody has said we should be happy, where does this come from? I'm sure when you watched the EFL highlights you will have also seen clubs far, far bigger than Notts (and many other in their league) struggling to get out leagues their fans presumably don't feel they should even be in. But they are for a common reason. Huge clubs like Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland only making the playoffs. Oh and clubs like Ipswich, Pompey, Charlton and Bolton not gettign close to the playoffs and finishing below clubs like Wycombe and Rotherham. Don't make out that Notts are a one off in this predicament, no better example than League One to illustrate both sides of the coin#balance

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast