+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stopped Watching The Millers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    That's exactly right pocket, the social side is very important. The team winning is the cherry on top of the cake.

I can't attend at the moment due to health reasons but I have been going for 60+ years and have seen my fair share of ups and downs.

For me now though the club seems much more distant and I have little in common with what it's doing. I seem to be a unit attending rather than a fan.

There was a time when players were almost family, guys you could talk to as friends,players like Ronnie Moore, John Breckin etc, you felt part of it. Now it's all bull**** stuff like rainbow laces and taking the knee. All very antiseptic, sanitised and cold manipulation of how we should all act and think.

Old man grumbling? Yes of course but age brings wisdom and for me the game as a whole is heading in the wrong direction
    You've described exactly how I feel too Grist , I've stopped attending over here too , I last went during the last championship season which was horrific most weeks but I haven't felt like returning even though we've done reasonably well in league one these last 18 months so clearly it's not the results why I don't go anymore .

I watch our games on ifollow courtesy of a dodgy stick but aren't even remotely motivated to attend , I didn't even go to the play off final against Wednesday last May !! .

I never missed a home game up until the last championship season and followed us away occasionally , as a younger man I never missed at all , I've seen us play at just over 80 different grounds .

It just doesn't feel the same as it once did .

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    That's exactly right pocket, the social side is very important. The team winning is the cherry on top of the cake.

I can't attend at the moment due to health reasons but I have been going for 60+ years and have seen my fair share of ups and downs.

For me now though the club seems much more distant and I have little in common with what it's doing. I seem to be a unit attending rather than a fan.

There was a time when players were almost family, guys you could talk to as friends,players like Ronnie Moore, John Breckin etc, you felt part of it. Now it's all bull**** stuff like rainbow laces and taking the knee. All very antiseptic, sanitised and cold manipulation of how we should all act and think.

Old man grumbling? Yes of course but age brings wisdom and for me the game as a whole is heading in the wrong direction
    Agree with that Grist.
    Hope you feel better soon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123