+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Broadest Shoulders

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I think you mean an uncosted impractical independence.
    Basically the SNP and their poodles the Greens want the Scottish electorate to vote in favour of independence and they will make up the answers afterwards.
    Thanks Islay. Didn't realise my auto corrected post. Point about my suggestion you join the Greens was to show that there needs to be a decision made for the greater good. Seems to me that in Scottish terms the greater good is having Islay malt whisky. Moving to nuclear power would be a much bigger greater good. Germany has defined nuclear power as a green fuel and France is already very heavily invested in nuclear energy. Why not try for more nuclear power in the UK? It isn't happening because of opposition from old style CND thinking, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Thanks Islay. Didn't realise my auto corrected post. Point about my suggestion you join the Greens was to show that there needs to be a decision made for the greater good. Seems to me that in Scottish terms the greater good is having Islay malt whisky. Moving to nuclear power would be a much bigger greater good. Germany has defined nuclear power as a green fuel and France is already very heavily invested in nuclear energy. Why not try for more nuclear power in the UK? It isn't happening because of opposition from old style CND thinking, imo.
    Any Scottish politician with a half a brain would have more nuclear power in Scotland but the bampot SNP and Green MSPs are dead against it. Goodness knows why as it ticks all their boxes for a reliable green fuel.
    If we keep mentioning it eventually the penny might drop at Holyrood and these dozy MSPs will come to their senses especially when there is not enough electricity to charge the batteries in their electric cars.

Islay malt whisky would be fine if it was produced using barley and their own water supply not burning peat 24/7 to make heavily peated single malt scotch whisky in a whisky distillery which does not have a peated water supply such as Bruichladdich distillery.

320k home in Scotland pays same council tax as 1.5 mill house in England.

Well done everyone at holyrood

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    320k home in Scotland pays same council tax as 1.5 mill house in England.

Well done everyone at holyrood
    That canny be true.

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    That canny be true.
    In mail on Sunday today that's worst example.

A four bedroom detached villa for sale uddingston band F £320k

Grade 3 listed thatch cottage in sopley Dorset band F sitting in 2 acres £1.5 million it's up for.

Scottish council tax will be £3,161 pa
    English house will be £3,050 pa.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    A four bedroom detached villa for sale uddingston band F £320k

Grade 3 listed thatch cottage in sopley Dorset band F sitting in 2 acres £1.5 million it's up for.

Scottish council tax will be £3,161 pa
    English house will be £3,050 pa.
    Try getting that message across to any SNP supporter? Doubt there are many who read this forum but it would be interesting to see what they reply. This broadest shoulders approach seems to me to be a wrong headed approach to finance for our public services.
    Why not ramp up North Sea oil and gas production? Surely that could generate very much more money and use those funds exclusively to fix Scotland.

Try getting that message across to any SNP supporter? Doubt there are many who read this forum but it would be interesting to see what they reply. This broadest shoulders approach seems to me to be a wrong headed approach to finance for our public services.
    Why not ramp up North Sea oil and gas production? Surely that could generate very much more money and use those funds exclusively to fix Scotland.
    The main problem with the high council tax charges is that local authorities throughout Scotland including Dundee City Council and Argyll and Bute Council employ too many chiefs all receiving £100k plus salaries and not enough people on the front line getting the every day jobs done.
    Last week a Dundee City Council employee told me that Dundee City Council cannot get staff with the number of staff having fallen from 500 to 300 but they still employ the same number of bosses receiving six figure salaries despite being in charge of less workers.
    In my opinion Dundee City Council should the number of management bosses receiving these six figure salaries by 40% to match the 40% fall in the number of workers employed by Dundee City Council.

The SNP supporters would soon get a shock if they acquired their dream of Scotland becoming an independent country and the £59 billion the Scottish Government is due to receive next year from Westminster under the rules of the Barnett Formula ended.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)