+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Costa Del Scun New Ground

re: Costa Del Scun New Ground

Quote Originally Posted by ExeterMiller
    Isn't Scunny's ground only 25 years old?

I remember going there when it was really new, Ian Helliwell days - & didn't Walsall copy the design (or was it the other way round).

The only questions I'd have is Why? - I wouldn't have thought there was interest to pay for such a project. Will Scunny double their attendances afterwards? - Beware the Darlington effect.
    Read further up this thread, it's not just for the purpose of being a football stadium it's for the whole community and will double us as a sports complex for S****horpe and further afield.

I also find it absoloutely ridiculous that you compare darlington stadium to our potential new one, when darlington's was pie in the sky and was built to hold 30,000 fans, which was completely unrealistic.

Our potential ground will hold 12k, and will be funded not only by the sale of the present ground and the grounds surrounding area,but,by the council too, as it was them that a

re: Costa Del Scun New Ground

I work with fans from all over the UK and I was asked the Darlo question regularly by plastic fans of franchise clubs(not saying ExeterMiller is a plastic fan or doesn't know his stuff) when NYS was being built.

The main differences are they crammed 25,000 seats into a stadium which would hold 18,000 max if it had the same leg room as NYS. Their fan base was historically lower than Rotherham and S****horpe and most the town support bigger clubs in the region. The way forward must be capacity's around 12,000 so you get some full houses and good atmosphere in Lge 1 and 2 but can quickly expand if you reach the Championship or beyond.

I guess in the Championship Glanford Park held Scunny back a little for being too compact. Another 1,000 home seats and away seats plus concourses with bars could over a season given the club more income towards players. Plus more chance for young Scunny kids to get to big games and get the bond with the club. With council support and switched on directors

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123