+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vale - winding up petition

re: Vale - winding up petition

I have to concede that I'd be happy with signing one of Moore or O'Connor, let alone both.

We really do need to get our backsides in gear becuase I am worried for the season ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Crew
    I have to concede that I'd be happy with signing one of Moore or O'Connor, let alone both.

We really do need to get our backsides in gear becuase I am worried for the season ahead.
    We've also signed someone who has played 160 games in the Premier league, and the rest of career no lower than the championship in MIchael Brown.

Also signed Steven Jennings, was in the SPL team of the season a couple of years ago.

We are trying to get Craig Davies in for a season long loan this week, then that will probably be it for us.

Quite happy with our squad, and with Adams in charge, we will be HORRIBLE to play against.

Not sure why you lot haven't signed anyone as you only survived by the skin of your teeth last season (would have defo gone down without Aneke) I would have thought that would have scared your board into action but it appears not.

I think you'll need 4 or 5 signings at least or I can't see anything other than a struggle f

Quote Originally Posted by thevale69

We've also signed someone who has played 160 games in the Premier league, and the rest of career no lower than the championship in MIchael Brown.

Also signed Steven Jennings, was in the SPL team of the season a couple of years ago.

We are trying to get Craig Davies in for a season long loan this week, then that will probably be it for us.

Quite happy with our squad, and with Adams in charge, we will be HORRIBLE to play against.

Not sure why you lot haven't signed anyone as you only survived by the skin of your teeth last season (would have defo gone down without Aneke) I would have thought that would have scared your board into action but it appears not.

I think you'll need 4 or 5 signings at least

Quote Originally Posted by OgerAlex

Valeinpeace makes a couple of good points - there is more than one way to skin a cat and our way isn't the only way. Dario is either a maverick or visionary, depending on your standpoint - and we got him over 30 years ago rather than 20 - but, as a club with a traditionally smaller fanbase than Vale and a stadium that could never be described as the Wembley of the North, we do feel rightly proud that we have at least matched our neighbours over that period. Some of the matches between us when Dario and Rudge were managing were much better games than we get these days and we can agree that both of us were better back then - in fact we were both better than Joke City - ah, happy days

However, whilst it would be difficult to set up academies from scratch these days, Colchester Utd, for one, are spending money trying to lift their Academy status as being the way forward.

The wage structure thing is also interesting - another thread on here has highlighted the cost of tickets at Fle

Quote Originally Posted by OgerAlex

weve sold Max Clayton to someone - that might be sunderland - whoever buys him has to pay a fee either agreed or compo ----- or else he cant play in uk for anyone

our downfall will be NORMAN H . he has all our money -- weve plenty but he borrows it all and returns it in shares

Quote Originally Posted by thevale69

Not sure why you lot haven't signed anyone as you only survived by the skin of your teeth last season (would have defo gone down without Aneke) I would have thought that would have sca

I've no idea whether Vale's signings will be successful - and neither do any of their fans although to be fair Adams has a good record in terms of getting the right players in and creating an environment where they can perform.

Would our fans be impressed with the signing of a 37 year old midfield player irrespective of his pedigree? I would n't because it would just get in the way of the development of some of the players we already have.

I hope we strengthen - central defence particularly worries me and it worries me even more that SD is not looking for another recruit there.

People seem to forget we've already made 7 signings who will all be chomping at the bit. Our record would indicate that 3 or 4, maybe even 5 of those will prove up to the standard and 1 or possibly 2 of them could be above the standard required. It will take time to discover this.It is possible we could go backwards during the discovery phase - on the other hand, it's possible that the current group is so tal

Well said DGFG

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast