+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poor Commercial Management

re: Poor Commercial Management

The Championship will always be a mess whilst clubs blatantly chase the dream of the Premier League.FFP rules and regs my @rse.
    If clubs stuck to FFP some Championship clubs would not be over £100m in debt.
    They bend the rules because they know that they will only get a fine like QPR received

It`s not the ideal situation to be in and the club are looking at investment daily.
    Just look at some of the customers that have come on board this last 3 seasons.
    We`re not there yet but making good progress.

Vat customers pay is offset against supplier invoices. So its not a net 20%.

what is the optimum crowd size for a league game I wonder and the ratio for home v away support. If Tony is correct we need more away fans as they have to pay full price compared to home fans, I think his £10 is a little light myself. We had the lowest average crowds in the championship last year, show how well TS is doing to make a small profit. I still think commercially there are better things we can do, no business is perfect. However I accept the original post may have been a bit wrong

Hi walter. There are no supplier invoices in this case. We are talking about renting out a seat for a short period of time. If a ticket is bought for £25, the club received £20.83 and £4.17 is collected by the club on behalf on HMRC. A £10 ticket means the club gets £8.33.

Reported that Bolton Wanderers are £182.1 Million in the Red, how can they ever get back to having a working balance to sustain the club.

Thing is they never will.... They just keep paying the interest on the money owed and the banks are happy.,... There's always the other option with the likes of Leicester and Weds where as their loans are just written off and they walk away Scott free!

That is what is wrong with today's football clubs..... They can borrow as much as they like but never go under for some strange reason.... Instead the league puts a transfer embargo on them and never penalise them with points deductions.... Bet the QPR. Board are laughing their heads off....

brin that is the key the ffp should be linked to points deductions

Even more pertinent is FFP should be linked to clubs at least balancing the books or even trading at a profit not been allowed to make losses as is currently allowed in the Championship.

it's ridiculous that for most clubs in the Championship's it's 5 year business plan reads along the lines of spend more than we can afford chasing promotion to the Premier league, but it doesn't matter because once we get there we will have all the wealth in the world and pay the debt back and be rich beyond our wildest dreams.

Football finance has got to be made sustainable because as we are well aware it's not the football people who are affected when the bubble bursts, but the small local suppliers who have supported the clubs who end up with pence in the pound.

Tony. So are seat sales on a separate vat number to the rest of the club?

Just as a thought. How do loan players work? Do we employ them on paye or pay the lending club a fee as if it was a service?

We pay weekly.........erm weakly

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast