+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The 18 man squad

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Forgettable first half with some good signs. Apart from the howler, Deniz had some good saves and was good to see the keeper come for a corner ball. McMullan continues his promise and some nice football to watch.
    cheers - in a funny way quite refreshing so many new players given our last few seasons

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    cheers - in a funny way quite refreshing so many new players given our last few seasons
    On the negative, i looked at the bench and had that Hamilton feeling that there was not too much on the bench to come on and change a game. We need another striker or 2 and maybe a few others just to cover things.

Where did the lad Thomas come from though? 2 brief looks at him and i think he looks quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    On the negative, i looked at the bench and had that Hamilton feeling that there was not too much on the bench to come on and change a game. We need another striker or 2 and maybe a few others just to cover things.

Where did the lad Thomas come from though? 2 brief looks at him and i think he looks quite good.
    up until today i never heard his name mentioned. When I saw it on the team sheet I thought it was a typo

Thomas is an ex Southampton youngster .

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    GB you could blame RM for the new signings to replace Bell but you can't blame him for letting Bell go since he obviously made it clear he didn't want to stay. So it's not "risky letting him go" is it

As Chick said the Southampton lad has been given a new 3 year contract so they must rate him highly. Too early to write off these keepers imo
    We have signed 2 keepers with almost no experience of 1st team football which is very risky.Mehmet as i recall was a back up keeper at Falkirk who Houston allowed to leave,he went to Port Vale played 9 games and was released when they went down.I cannot believe McKinnon would allow Bell to leave without getting an experienced keeper in first.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    We have signed 2 keepers with almost no experience of 1st team football which is very risky.Mehmet as i recall was a back up keeper at Falkirk who Houston allowed to leave,he went to Port Vale played 9 games and was released when they went down.I cannot believe McKinnon would allow Bell to leave without getting an experienced keeper in first.
    Believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skolcorner View Post
    Who is Archie Thomas? Is he from Southampton as well?
    If you Yahoo him he's either a lighting cameraman or a painter & decorator in Cambridge.

Hahaha! Hopefully he'll be able to strip the ball off defenders and score in a flash!

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Lets assume Bell is leaving. Also ill leave Donaldson in there as it seems Quinn doesnt come in until he goes.

Only 2 spaces left in Ray's 18 man squad but I am thinking surely he will need to squeeze that up to 19/20 minimum to feel comfortable?

Rumours of Stanton are there and Ray has already mentioned the need for another 1 or maybe 2 strikers along with a central midfielder. Squad will take shape if we get Quinn, a creative midfielder who can play deep and another player up top. Also wouldnt say no to Stanton. Played well against us last season. Can play wide and centrally too. Good dribbler.

1 Lewis
    2 Murdoch
    3 Scobbie
    4 Durnan
    5 Edjenguele
    6 Toshney
    7 Flood
    8 King
    9 Fraser
    10 Mcmullan
    11 Keatings
    12 Robson
    13 N'Koyi
    14 Donaldson/Quinn?
    15 Briels
    16 Deniz

So...
    17 Stanton
    18 McDonald
    19 Fyvie

Are we realistically going to see anyone else coming in? Donaldson looks set to stay

Quote Originally Posted by Sandeman View Post
    So...
    17 Stanton
    18 McDonald
    19 Fyvie

Are we realistically going to see anyone else coming in? Donaldson looks set to stay
    Donaldson is the new Armand Benneker, we will be stuck with him

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)